John Denver

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Dang, I miss that guy...
Same here.
He was an early inspiration for me and that feeling continues every time I play/sing one of his songs.
The early to mid-70s were, for me, a time of considerable life-changing decisions and John's music seemed to help me through the process.

I often reconnect with John through his music. :wink:

Joe

12stringer

Reaction score
southernGuild said:
Thanks for sharing that one Randy, I haven't heard it before, but sure wont be forgetting it now. Beautiful.
Beautiful 12 string too. :shock:
Yes, that was the first time I had seen that video of him and the song really has a beautiful message and melody. His playing style is truly inspirational as well...he knows how to coax the best out of that guitar...and the guitar also knew how to coax the best out of John....not to mention the audience.
scratch said:
Dang, I miss that guy:
He is an original and that makes missing him the more felt

killdeer43 said:
I often reconnect with John through his music.
Being able to remember someone through music shows what a gift music really is.

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
12stringer said:
His playing style is truly inspirational as well...he knows how to coax the best out of that guitar...and the guitar also knew how to coax the best out of John.
Thats a fine observation Randy, very True.
Ive been playing that song now, since you've introduced it to me, and my daughter is loving it too. I love that she is getting the messages, and singing along. Pretty special stuff. Johns songs certainly have that affect. I remember , months ago now, explaining to her the complexities of how, "He was born in the summer of his 27th year, coming home, to a place he's never been before.." Always good stuff to draw on there, and remember.
killdeer43 said:
I often reconnect with John through his music.
Once again, Well said Joe. He's certainly a fine one to reconnect to, and you're right, singing his songs is an excellent connection and meeting place. :wink:

12stringer

Reaction score
taabru45 said:
Hey John, here is a little verse from a song....give it to your girl....

Gonna wrap myself with paper (in C)
Daub myself with glue.... (in G) then back to C
Stick some bubblegum on my (F) nose (then to G7)
I'm a goin' to mail myself to (C) you..... :wink: Steffan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jli2s9Wo ... re=related
:lol: :lol: :lol:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So much more than a song in this case....Its waaay cheaper than flying coach......right? :lol: Steffan

stevee

Reaction score
"Rhymes and Reasons" - one of my favorites.

In my opinion, musically similar to "The Wedding Song (There Is Love )" by Noel "Paul" Stookey of Peter Paul and Mary. (written in 1969, according to wikipedia)

John's first album (also named "Rhymes and Reasons") was also released in 1969.

Since they are all part of the same group of folks, I suppose they drew inspiration from each other.

Steve