P90 that's closest to Franz pickup?

swiveltung

Reaction score
I'd also be interested to know if anyone's winding lower output P-90's that have a Franz like tonality.

I have Franz equipped Guilds that span 1953-1960 and really do appreciate them all in everything from early 17" big body X-150's to very small hollowbodies like the M-65.

They do have some variability.....some are darker, some are brighter, some thicker toned others thinner.....maybe its how they've aged, or the way they were originally made, but theres a certain character to the sound that they all share.
(littlesongs says it well above!!)

I sold what others thought was a great ES-125TC because my raggedy '60 T-50 was absolutely sensational to my ears in comparison.

I have a '47 ES-300 thats a joy to play and it has a fine sounding original P-90 but its a bit dark toned for my tastes.....sure I can choose to EQ or use an old Gibson amp, but I do daydream about slipping a Franz under that black cover.....I think I'd prefer it that way!

ziz

Jason Lollar makes low wind P90's. They are not too uncommon actually. Not sure that puts them in Franz territory though. It's been a very long time since I had Franz pickups.
Well crap... it's a Zombie thread!