Lets see them pedal boards!

Muovinen

Reaction score
Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Can't read the text, but is that board Hendrix's actual board? If so, that is very cool! I love the name "Proctavia" for a pedal!

walrus

MLBob

Reaction score
Can't read the text, but is that board Hendrix's actual board? If so, that is very cool! I love the name "Proctavia" for a pedal!

walrus

I'd like to see translation of the text, but I imagine it's some sort of a "Fillmore Tribute " board, seeing as how Voodoo Lab was founded in the mid-80's, and Pedaltrain boards weren't around 'til 1999. Jimi was long gone by then.

Last edited:

Muovinen

Reaction score
There were no boards when Hendrix was around :) Jimi just used a bunch of crappy cables to connect the pedals that he carried in a bag ;) All the cables he had on stage contributed to several meters of wire so you can imagine the amount of noise and the loss of upper register in the sound. But what he lost there, he gained by turning up his amps.

This Custom-Sounds Fillmore board is a tribute to Hendrix but they made a lot of improvements and used the best possible effects found today. They believe that as a pioneer-type person, Jimi would embrace all things new and innovative. Especially Roger Mayer and Foxrox have made Hendrix inspired effects with modern day improvements so they used those in the board. I've been to their store and it really is a "Candy Shop for the Guitar Player" ;D

Sal

Reaction score
I don't have a room like this ... maybe the corner of a room.

Pedals_zpstrdgfsyq.jpg

idealassets

Reaction score
Here is 1/2 of my revised pedal board, the boost/ drive side. I will next hook this up in series to a larger Behringer board that I am assembling, that will have the effects of Volume Pedal, (2)-Dig Delay, Reverb, Flange, maybe more :

The guitar is my new Fender Telecaster Thinline 72' re-issue that works great for me.

Effects are Noise Suppressor> Polytune Noir> Vox Wah> Janglebox Compressor/Boost (especially for Ric 12 string)> Sparkle Drive> Tube Screamer.

Last edited:

idealassets

Reaction score
Tiki,
Is that a Janglebox 3? I use my JB 2 all the time with various settings depending on what guitar I am playing. I like using the boost and other settings in the event that a sound man doesn't get around to balancing my guitar, I can do it remotely.

Tiki295

Reaction score
I think its a JB2. I bought is used from a member over at Gretsch-Talk. Works great with a Ric or Dano, not so great with the Gretsch

Last edited:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Aww com'on Walrus, not gonna let a little Suomi bother you? :highly_amused:

Note the Vox coil-cord, probably to add just that proper bit of capacitive-loss before all the gain from that board! Nice touch.

Tiki295

Reaction score
Tiki,
Is that a Janglebox 3? I use my JB 2 all the time with various settings depending on what guitar I am playing. I like using the boost and other settings in the event that a sound man doesn't get around to balancing my guitar, I can do it remotely.

I just found the old email from Steve Lasko at JangleBox. There were 2 silver JB2's. One was made for export to Europe, and I believe has a different power capacity. The other was an experimental type with a "diode bridge," which is the model I have. No other JB has a diode bridge, according to the email, and that model is a personal favorite among some JB staffers.

"This is the only JangleBox to use a diode bridge power jack, so you can use either pin-negative OR pin-positive adapters" http://www.janglebox.com/oddsends.html

idealassets

Reaction score
I didn't previously know that particular JB existed. My JB-2 is in my board for my Ric 12 string, but after experimentation I have settings for all my guitars including 6 string acoustics.

JB's are not cheap, so I can see why many guitarists resort to using a different brand. Once I am sold on a particular component I learn to like it. Guitar center will take trade-in's especially on good condition effects pedals, but always at a considerable reduction in value.

Last edited:

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
update:

small goto-one for sessions and recordings:
krysh-git-pedalboard-goto-2016_zpsxobd6kla.jpg

and big one for my band:
krysh-git-pedalboard-2016_zpsfdr1mxez.jpg

plus a Line6 relay 30 if useful.

Muovinen

Reaction score
This is almost my current setup. I exchanged the Flint for a Blue Sky reverb and the CC Hybrid fuzz has since given way for a Pharaoh fuzz which I already had once but sold it because I had an Orange amp and they don't like 'em pedals too much. Now that I have the 2204 JMP I feel like I should buy again all the pedals I once had :D

I have a Voodoo Lab Pedalpower 2+ as the power source. The little yellow pedal is a custom built Trivibe. Love it. It has definitely survived my board for the longest.

149152.jpg

Last edited:

idealassets

Reaction score
I just found the old email from Steve Lasko at JangleBox. There were 2 silver JB2's. One was made for export to Europe, and I believe has a different power capacity. The other was an experimental type with a "diode bridge," which is the model I have. No other JB has a diode bridge, according to the email, and that model is a personal favorite among some JB staffers.

"This is the only JangleBox to use a diode bridge power jack, so you can use either pin-negative OR pin-positive adapters" http://www.janglebox.com/oddsends.html
I have the Byrds JB2 janglebox. It was not cheap but I love it. Also a JB owner can email them directly about anything and usually get a substantial answer the same business day.

The boost feature saved me when some house PA systems had a "muddy" sound on my guitar.