Lets see them pedal boards!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've got two primary rigs - digital and analog.

Here's the digital (Axe-FX MFC-101 controller and two Mission expression pedals). Many times I just pull the MFC-101 because I'm not a huge volume/wah pedal user. I use this with my Axe-FX rig:

_B0Z3287_800.jpg

Gretsch-Axe-FX-800.jpg

Here's the analog. Pedals are:

Strymon El Capistan (Best digital tape delay ever)
Nocturne Dyno Brain (RE-301 preamp in a box)
BYOC Shredder (Marshall Shredmaster clone)
BYOC Germanium E.S.V. Fuzz
Keely modified true bypass TS-808 RI Tube Screamer
Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Oh, and a Pedal Power to power it all.

PedalBoard-1.jpg

I use this with my '63 Bassman:

Bassman-Blonde-Oxblood-Gretsch.jpg

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
No pics, but lessee....

A Boss compressor and Bluesdriver which I run into the GA1RT for very low volume, late night playing. A Dunlop Rotovibe and Wah. An elderly ART reverb/delay/flanger/chorus rackmount thing. A Deathmetal distortion (Digitech) and a bass compressor. A homebrew active tone control and a PAIA StackintheBox.

tele4tone

Reaction score
GAD said:
I've got two primary rigs - digital and analog.

Here's the digital (Axe-FX MFC-101 controller and two Mission expression pedals). Many times I just pull the MFC-101 because I'm not a huge volume/wah pedal user. I use this with my Axe-FX rig:

_B0Z3287_800.jpg

Gretsch-Axe-FX-800.jpg

Here's the analog. Pedals are:

Strymon El Capistan (Best digital tape delay ever)
Nocturne Dyno Brain (RE-301 preamp in a box)
BYOC Shredder (Marshall Shredmaster clone)
BYOC Germanium E.S.V. Fuzz
Keely modified true bypass TS-808 RI Tube Screamer
Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Oh, and a Pedal Power to power it all.

PedalBoard-1.jpg

I use this with my '63 Bassman:

Bassman-Blonde-Oxblood-Gretsch.jpg

I like all of it except for the Ave fx...... I just can't get into it. You have some nice stuff tho :)

Jeff

idealassets

Reaction score
Steelpickin,
I see that you use the Boss BCB 60 for your effects pedals. I have been playing 1 1/2 years, and might get that same case. Do you consider that you have a nice neat, and modest pedla board considering you're a pedal steel player?

I play mostly 12 string so right now I have:
1) a. TC electronics polytune &
b. Korg Pitchback Plus A/B tuner, connected in series
3) Byrds 2 Jangelbox for the Ric 12 string guitar

I'm thinking about getting a volume pedal, and loop pedal.

Might get a tremelo, phaser and flanger eventually.

I never needed any of these things when I made good money playing drums, but quit hard rock drumming many years ago. I now like guitar a lot more. But there are many guitar players around here like to play for free. I figure that the 12 string might distinguish my playing from the rest.

Craig

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
tele4tone said:
I like all of it except for the Ave fx...... I just can't get into it. You have some nice stuff tho :)

Jeff

Thanks! Nice stuff is cheaper than a mistress. :)

I never liked modelers until I got the Axe. It doesn't deliver that "amp in the room" feel like a pair of 12" Celestions from a vintage head does, which I think is the hardest thing to let go of. Once I realized I was recreating recorded tones, and not a real amp, the Axe-FX made a lot more sense to me. It's way easier to transport than my Bassman, and 99% of the people listening couldn't tell the difference between them, so I dig it. Plus, I can get my 80's hair-band freak on without having to have an EVH amp in the house. :)

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Hi Craig,
Yes I really like this pedal board. Small and lightweight weight. Dont really use much of the effects on it for steel besides the Boss DD-3 and I now use a Keeley "Fuzz head" a bit..but,I also run an A /B switch and use this same set-up for my Tele for steel / Tele gigs with good results :)

idealassets

Reaction score
This model of Boss pedal board looks about right for me. I'm wondering just a few things if I buy one:

1. Most of my effects pedals are not Boss pedals. The most radically different one is a large Byrds 2 Janglebox. Will these still fit in OK?

2. Can you merely set your pedals in there to use? In other words I don't want to make anything permanent until I make a lot of adjustments to get the right feel of it. Will the electric cords hold them in place very well? I know that you can velcro them in, but are there any other options to hold the pedals on the board?

Sorry if these questions don't sound brilliant, but I don't want to ask the local folks and reveall how much I am not a pro. I can match wits with any drummer, but guitar technology is what I really like.

Thank you,
Craig

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
The Boss pedals will fit perfectly. It also comes with extra foam for the bottom so you can trim to fit just about any other pedal.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here's my gadget collection, most of it anyway. Most times I run everything thru the little Yamaha mixer.

Mostly a generic collection, enough to keep me entertained. Recently added The KORG pitchblack tuner & like it a lot. I wish the board had a master on/off switch, the Jamman is a pain because it has no on/off function & I have to disconnect the plug to turn it off.

I built an inclined base for the pedalboard, a prototype actually, built from scrap in about an hour.
Time well spent, everything is much more accessible & convenient. Incorporated about a 1/4 " lip on the bottom edge, lower row of pedals sits snugly with no need for velcro.

225847.jpg
225602.jpg
\
230620.jpg
231810.jpg

230938.jpg
233635.jpg

Thunderface

Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
Here's my pedal board:

j0v0w4.jpg

Sweet!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
There's a certain beauty in simplicity. :wink:

ccfa9920.jpg

Whereas DasBeef also likes simplicity ... just a lot of it. :D

I have that same Rockstar guitar strap, by the way!

Thunderface

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
11844_202556576428_622191428_331970.jpg

Just sayin'
Frono, does that one go up to 11? 8) ASpinal Tap references aside, I guess this would qualify as my pedalboard, or the closest thing I have to it.

KorgPX3.jpg

tele4tone

Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
Here's my pedal board:

j0v0w4.jpg

Bluespicky,

After hearing some of your playing, I think you would really love "The Pearl" by This1smyne effects or T1M. It's got your tone all over it. It's my favorite gain pedal I have ever owned.

Jeff

DasBeef

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
I have that same Rockstar guitar strap, by the way!
That belongs to my S-100! :D

bluesypicky said:
Here's my pedal board:

j0v0w4.jpg

I've been gassing over one of these for a while now. Maybe once I punt a few of my non users, I'll stump up the £250 or whatever for one.

Here's my current sketch of what my board might look like.....

1eca5063.jpg

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
tele4tone said:
Bluespicky,
After hearing some of your playing, I think you would really love "The Pearl" by This1smyne effects or T1M. It's got your tone all over it. It's my favorite gain pedal I have ever owned.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Only finding that now, but I'd love to give it a try I'm sure... never heard of it I'll admit.
I am away from my guitars right now, entertaining family visiting, but just had a minute to plug the Okko in, and was impressed by the result, sweet tube overload tone.
Last I heard you were putting the carved up for sale, any luck yet?

Pascal

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
puhio said:

11844_202556576428_622191428_331970.jpg

Well you have to have some talent in order to boost it, which is why I went for the Simulator (as noted above).

I wonder what happens if you chain them together? I suspect you would have to simulate then boost because in the other order there may be no signal at the output :lol:

tele4tone

Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
tele4tone said:
Bluespicky,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Only finding that now, but I'd love to give it a try I'm sure... never heard of it I'll admit.
I am away from my guitars right now, entertaining family visiting, but just had a minute to plug the Okko in, and was impressed by the result, sweet tube overload tone.
Last I heard you were putting the carved up for sale, any luck yet?

Pascal

Fixit has it! Kept it int he family.

T1m is a little under the radar, but his work is legit.

Here is an ok demohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BorKwTsf02E. Wrong playing for this kind of pedal.

I love mine tho.

Jeff

RussB

Reaction score
Here's the latest...I am contemplating getting rid of many and going "minimalist". It sucks when your pedalboard weighs as much as your amp :lol:

pedlaboard6-9-12001_edited.jpg