Lets see them pedal boards!

Sal

Reaction score
The most hated man in america shows us his pedal chain. (Stolen from another forum)

For a billionaire I don't think he's spent over $100 for any one of these pedals.

Y8riJvnl.jpg

PAPADON

Reaction score
Yes I know which ones do what but don't ask me what they are because mostly I can't remember.:confused:

9h5gckWOzHbYnjzE3rU4gg8H0MAAIE3MxrJXUqHx0PJzQcTI1iaZafv6xw2uNYuD608JsUfhGcZSObZVjJVuSS_Epjh9b44eBSJtDKH9DfQBc7mKK8zRJB7urYPrrQCqd-72TX_1m-FcqHlorXgjdFVxMAKTqq2VV4kXTg-y4r4Vrw3IKa5pZv7id0eS7m5hHpkw6HmgKqbPvtNKuy7e9_7FDbWXB77peRf6ZbFSzpGFc3_bWaAWRtVOaF8Mw9v-gu0245Z41GhqY-xuqYRst9x51sdLooXq_GAnw3c8NjElHCrig76RPNxiTW2_bc_lGfiVREwunEgcR0QtYQdNnTF_O14hp79e-T_zPHTadQok-PGeo_RWvsgIBX74Dq6SbXwxYtPAnF20ELDf6SllITAErmXJrpcu1ZXUEjRxIFGze9jbmRENLc2G_VW-GFB5Na75_a6QvnzwnhjFvGnH25-4Hyrg_mGaiUas6FppCfQjPosQBsCIhC4IngAoKampONvTfm5nL4GFagYaCnuPoYUx6O5eRYw2mM0sUWykzipbcVCeCz1DnXmcMte7EVa6qm3Dd0mFROnCdKlzyHlSbhGG8Jl2RfF-HOqu70Ctr18kJd8hzsMSJEd928celRD_1Rw_R0C89oefCcg16gbzDRXMNEGaNVw=w800-h631-no

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't really play with a pedal board much, but I built this one a few years ago because the madness overtook me:

PedalBoardTop-Done-800.jpg

Now I have this one for when I'm using an analog amp:

PedalBoard-1.jpg

Usually I use this, though, which is the floor controller for my Axe-FX:

FC-12_top.jpg

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
I have lots of pedals but my go-to rig is my Line6 M13.

I did recently purchase an EHX Big Muff Op Amp Reissue that I really like.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
My current pedal setup, no board, is a Hartman Analog Flanger (original Electric Mistress clone) into a Tru-Fi Colordriver (9-volt Colorsound Overdriver clone) into a Buffalo FX Patriot (Russian "Civil War" Big Muff variant) into a Catalinbread Topanga (outboard Fender reverb emulator). Amps for the whole of 2019 so far have been either a Hi-Tone 50 watter via a Fryette Power Station attenuator or a Fender Princeton.

-Dave-

MLBob

Reaction score
For quite a while now I've been hearing good things about the Red Eye instrument pre-amps made by Fire-Eye Development out of Texas.

Recently I took the time to call Darren Appelt who was most helpful in answering all my questions about which unit would be compatible with the dual source K & K systems in all my acoustic guitars. Nice to have a real person pick up the phone immediately every time you call with a question. He even added a power supply input for me, and - at his suggestion - I'm running 18V into it for even more headroom. After I placed my order, Darren even offered to take the unit back if it turned out to be something that didn't end up suiting my needs.

Now I have put together a "Grab & Go" board using the Fire Eye Twin as my pre-amp. The XLR low impedence signal is excellent, and Darren even sent me a Stereo breakout adapter that enables me to bring the signal from the dual pickups in my acoustics into the Twin's A & B channels. The Red Eye Twin has a function setting where its A& B channels can be used together to EQ and send the signals through the XLR out. The effects loop on the Twin goes to my tuner, then a TC Helicon Harmony Singer (which sends my XLR vocal mike signal out separately). The final pedal in the effects loop is a NuX Atlantic pedal that I can use to add reverb and/or delay if I want it, stating that, ".....the last thing we want is for a musician to be stuck with a piece of gear he doesn't need."

fWr2uZ1.jpg
[/IMG]

Well, I can tell you that this little pre-amp isn't ever going back! All of a sudden, I'm liking this little board so much that it's probably going to become my "Go - To" when playing out. If anyone has ever considered a Red Eye pre-amp I recommend you call directly with any questions you might have. This is an outfit that brings a whole new meaning to "customer service." + This is a solidly designed and built pre-amp that's simple to dial in for your particular instrument.

Link : https://www.fire-eye.com/

Bob

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
it's been a long time since we've heard from Larry (Steelpickin') on the forum. Does anyone ever hear or know anything about him? He'd just finished building that beautiful dreadnaught...... just remembering and wondering.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
it's been a long time since we've heard from Larry (Steelpickin') on the forum. Does anyone ever hear or know anything about him? He'd just finished building that beautiful dreadnaught...... just remembering and wondering.

Last active in 2013. Sending him a PM won't generate an email to him but if contact is important let's go to PM.

On the Fire Eye preamp I am amused to note that FireEye is a cyber security firm.

MLBob

Reaction score
Tomas,

Can't ever remember if it's automatic :indecisiveness:

Thanks for the Colvin link; great song with a neat acoustic strum pattern! ....and her lyrics... WOW!

"I said you can lie to me
I own what's inside of me
And nothing surprises me anymore."

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not the Fire- Eye Development in Texas that the link is for

Bob.

Bob

I realized almost immediately that there were two different companies and products but the similarity of the name amused me enough to remark on it.

That said, I did spend time on the Texas company's site and I'm still not certain I can figure out how/why to pick one pre-amp :) That would probably change if I were in the market enough to actually understand what else is available.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've been messing around with a stereo pedalboard build, and I thought I'd post my starting point. This is definitely just a messing-around set up. A true gigging board would most likely be half of this with neater cabling, clip mounts, and a tuner. Dual expression and volume-wah pedals will be off the board to the right.

I'm going to run this straight into the front end, split into a Vox AC-15TBX and a blackfaced '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb -- no effects loops. A few of these are new additions (Catalinbread Merkin Fuzz, TC Electronics Mojo Mojo), so I'm excited to see how they work in the mix. I need to get more EBS flat ribbon cables to lean out the wiring. They're the best. Power is coming from a Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS7 and a few 9-volts.

pedals.jpg

I opted to go leaner, so some of my classic vintage pedals (EHX Electric Mistress, Butler Tube Driver, etc.) didn't make the cut. And although I love how expansive the Source Audio Orbital Modulator is, I may just opt to replace it with a more portly Line 6 M5, which will get me stereo, a ton of other effects in reserve, and maybe allow me to get rid of a few others. This board is for inspiration rather than playing out, so we'll see how this bunch works together.

ruedi

Reaction score
Guild Total
...This board is for inspiration rather than playing out, so we'll see how this bunch works together.

Your board looks very cool! How do you like the Catalinbread Merkin Fuzz? I had it on my list for quite a while, but I seem to prefer germanium fuzz over silicone, at least that's where I end up every time... my favourite for the moment is the zvex fuzz factory, the tones I can get out of it are very inspiring.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, ruedi!

So far I like it, but I haven't had much time to mess with it. There are a dizzying number of fuzz pedals out there. Coincidentally, I really wanted a Zvex Fuzz Factory, but I acquired the Catalinbread in a trade.

ruedi

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, ruedi!

So far I like it, but I haven't had much time to mess with it. There are a dizzying number of fuzz pedals out there. Coincidentally, I really wanted a Zvex Fuzz Factory, but I acquired the Catalinbread in a trade.

Yes there are literally thousands of them ;) I decided for the ZvexFuzz Factory because it can give me those early Jack White sounds I like a lot

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice job. I dig the flip top. I may build a smaller one for gigging, based on a Pedaltrain Metro 20.