Back on the stage after 30 plus years!!!

Ravon

Reaction score
Thanks for the inspiration bluesypicky. Been close to twenty or so yrs. since I've played out as well, but I've always had a guitar in hand keeping my chops up. I'm working on a solo list now of some jazz and blues stuff.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the cheers all! (and Toni for waking up this thread...)
And here's another funny extension to this story:
I'm browsing CL a couple days ago, like any other GAS addict does daily :lol: , partly thanks to Dave's latest acquisition which got me really thinking about the "vintage Fender amp" vibe, and I bump into one that sparked my interest. Leave an e-mail requesting for a contact number, and get an answer later in the day with a number. I call, no answer.
I send another e-mail late in the evening, asking when the best time to contact him would be, and a moment later get this answer: "Hi Pascal, I'll give you a call tomorrow. It's Dave, we met at Chef John's in Jupiter and you played on my guitar..."
Am I hearing "small world"? :lol:

Thunderface

Reaction score
Two cool stories for the price of one -- you back on stage and "small worlding" your way into the Fender amp on Craigslist. Very cool indeed.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's with great sadness that I revive this 4 plus years old thread, to inform you that the Blues family lost another dear member.
I feel even more honored to have had the opportunity to share the stage with David, on his invitation.
He was as extremely nice and humble, as he was talented.

Unfortunately he is not on the pics in post #1, but you can see him in the article linked below, the last sentence of which is simply gut wrenching.

http://www.southflorida.com/music/sf-david-shelley-blues-guitarist-dies-20150810-story.html

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very sad news Pascal. I just turned 57 a little over a week ago, so that hits home.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sorry Pascal for the loss. And my apologies for not realizing this was such an old thread. My previous comment was only knowing you were playing out again based on the pix, never reading far enough ahead re your update.

Last edited:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What a sad, sad story. Some things are just not meant to be, I suppose.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, all, very sad indeed.

This couldn't validate Tom's sig. any better: "Use the good China. Life itself is the special occasion". (And you never know how long it will last...)

bruzmuse

Reaction score
On the Verde Valley Wine Trail near Sedona, Arizon
Amen to that signature. Every single day is a gift. A pleasant, sunny day is a pretty bow on top.

Thanks for the story and the reminder....

I was told by someone recently that most people who have little or no musical ability deeply admire people who have the gift of being musical. Musical ability is a special gift indeed in whatever measure possessed.

I'm more of a closet musician, a writer if you will, and performance in front of people isn't my favorite. BUT it isn't really about me. It's about sharing our gifts with others.

I'm going to share more knowing this gig will end someday as surely as it began. Music is magic and meant to be shared by all/with all who truly appreciate it.

Thanks again for sharing Pascal, we all need a reminder now and then.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Amen to that signature.
Thanks again for sharing Pascal, we all need a reminder now and then.

We sure do Bruz, we sure do.
As I was perusing through some pics on my computer, I found that one, taken after the show, can't help but sharing it too.... RIP buddy.

23ksprp.jpg