Guitar Room - The Inner Sanctum

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fearless said:
Seriously though, I LOVE playing in bathrooms. You can hear every nuance and even your voice sounds good!
Next best natural reverb with the tile, behind an XI century cathedral, but I reckon those are harder to find in this part of the world. :shock:

Ridgemont

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
It's really bare bones but the acoustics are exceptional!

guitarcorner800030001.jpg

And it's also a multi-purpose room. 8)

Keep 'em tuned,
Joe
Multitasking is a great way to save time.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
learnintoplay62 said:
Wow Dave.... The jf30 looks incredible. How does she sound . Sorry if I missed any previous posts. Indulge me please :mrgreen:

The JF-30 (1999) came in a few weeks back. It's really "large and in charge" as you might expect from a jumbo. The thing is big and loud, plugged in or just acoustically. I like it!

Here's the original thread... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25183

Dave :D

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Kinda small; gonna expand by a foot or so to placate the gits. They're getting older and thus somewhat crabby...

122HighPointApril2010039-1-1.gif

ScratchpadStudioDec2011003.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
@ Chamzo/ladytexan/bluespicky: our house is located on a peninsula formed by the Intracoastal Waterway to the east and dredged out canals in what used to be Frenchman's Creek (Pascal's creek :wink: ). The houses opposite us back up to the Intracoastal:
casajuan02.jpg

Our house viewed from across the canal to the west looking back east. Some time ago, there was a screen porch in the back that's now fully enclosed; that's where the guitars and amps live. The oak tree to the left/north of the house ... that's the tree in my avatar:
casajuan.jpg

This is the oak tree in my avatar seen from the street-side ... maybe 75 years old:
casajuan04.jpg

Not the horticulturalist that Hideglue is and I can't take pics like Joe ... but just to let Coastie know that we're very good in the chlorophyll department too .... Mrs. Juan's orchid at the base of the oak tree with the staghorn fern and Christmas cactus which all do nicely despite our benign neglect:
casajuan05.jpg

Finally, this is a link to the Jupiter Inlet Webcam. If you go straight out the inlet and keep going for a few miles, you get to Morocco. If you get seasick, you can just stand on your tip-toes on the shore ... you can just barely make it out ...

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Gorgeous setting, CJ. Absolutely beautiful... :mrgreen:
Thanks Ken; it's made Mrs. Juan very happy.

I'd complain about the summer heat but I don't think you're the guy to ask for sympathy. I have one south Tejas summer under my belt ... compared to what you go through, this part of FL might as well have out-door AC :D

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thank you Toni; and yes, it's a pleasure picking and strumming looking out on the canal ... in the evening, the low angle of the sun turns the water into liquid gold ... then it's time for Stoly (burp :wink: )

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's really special, John. As everyone agrees, very very beautiful! Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks Charlie; you and I talked about riding around in a boat knocking back a few cold beers. Click the Jupiter Webcam link at the bottom of my post ... that's the door out to the ocean ... As they say: 'Recommended'.

And, the only thing better than owing a boat is having a friend or neighbor who owns one :wink: My neighbor has a 45' Cabo we can lean on.

I can always email you a couple of bottles of beer ... but the boat ride ... my ISP has limitations on the size of email attachments ... Best wishes, J

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Thanks Charlie; you and I talked about riding around in a boat knocking back a few cold beers. Click the Jupiter Webcam link at the bottom of my post ... that's the door out to the ocean ... As they say: 'Recommended'.

And, the only thing better than owing a boat is having a friend or neighbor who owns one :wink: My neighbor has a 45' Cabo we can lean on.

I can always email you a couple of bottles of beer ... but the boat ride ... my ISP has limitations on the size of email attachments ... Best wishes, J
:) :)

Some day, CJ, I sincerely hope to take you up on that. And, yeah, probably not a good idea to email a 45' ship. Probably don't want to try to send it through USPS either, especially since they don't do tracking. :D :D

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Thank you Toni; and yes, it's a pleasure picking and strumming looking out on the canal ...
Yep..Next best thing to outdoors, and better if the weather's gettin' extreme on either end of the spectrum. If I didn't have a nice view out my sliding double glass, I'd have to go to the park every weekend. Which is what I USED to do before I landed where I am now. :D

Ridgemont

Reaction score
I guess it is a guitar room. Nothing beautiful like Juanito's but what are you going to do. I have a good sized room at the front of the house that doubles as the office. I have a good view of the neighborhood. So on a Saturday afternoon, it is me, a couple of guitars, and 2 stinky dogs clogging up the room.....while the wife watches Oprah in the rest of the house. :lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ridgemont said:
So on a Saturday afternoon, it is me, a couple of guitars, and 2 stinky dogs clogging up the room.....while the wife watches Oprah in the rest of the house. :lol:
Yep, I LIVE for Saturday afternoon, babay... :D

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Capn, that is a beautiful spot - you are my idol! You live where most people would go for a vacation!

I don't have a guitar room, but I am very impressed with all of you who do - great stuff!

walrus

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks walrus; I used travel a lot between 1993 and 2004. No matter where I was leaving from; NY, Washington, Charlotte, Atlanta ... wherever ... that was the thought I had. I wasn't going home, I was going on vacation.

There's a lot not to like about FL; but if you're sitting in the bar at Sarasota Harbor, sucking on a Heinie ... sorry ... make that a bottle of beer watching the sun set on the gulf and it's particularly impressive that evening and everybody gets up and applauds ... well ... you can overlook a lot.

Sunset in Key Largo:

SS05.jpg

Best regards, J

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Your'e livin' in paradise, capn...

As my wife and I often say, there are definitely worse places to live. I know because I lived there.

Dave :D