Guitar Room - The Inner Sanctum

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Walter Broes said:
Most of my guitars are in my living room, but sorry - I'm not posting big group shots. I guess there *are* some downsides to posting on a public internet forum under your real name, if you know what I mean!

Sad but true, Walter.

My "guitar room" in my humble abode is kinda cramped, and not nearly as glamorous as West's. :(

Thanks Sandy, but if you were building a home, and knew you wanted to dedicate a wall to guitars.....well, it's easy to do the way I did it.

West

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Once my collection grew past two, it was "banished" from the living room to my 9' x 9.5' cave in the basement. Stays cool in the summer (~75F) and colder in the winter (~60F). I like to keep all my Guilds accessible at a moments notice, so I have four hung and three on stands. A room humidifier keeps the RH at ~40-45% year round. I've posted this before, so most folks have seen it:
107923604.jpg

Normally, my picking chair (a cheap, unpadded folding chair with a couple of (now flat) cushions) usually sits in the middle of the cluster.
L>R: '81 D-46, '76 D-50, '71 D-44, '72 D-35, '74 G-37, '74 D-25, '92 D-55.

fearless

Reaction score
My "music" room doubles as a home office, 2nd TV room and kids' music room. It contains my guitars and bass, a TV, old sofa, office equipment, a stairmaster, my 3 daughters' cellos, son's violin, music stands, and (somewhat predictably) music sheets strewn everywhere. I'm NOT tidying up after them. It would be too embarrassing to post a photo!

To play plugged-in I need to use the garage which is always either too hot or too cold comfort. One day I would love to have a proper music room/home studio. In my daydreams it is underground and directly adjacent to the wine cellar...

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Lynda and I bought and refurbished a small 2 bedroom cottage. Plenty of room for just two of us !

Then, I started buying guitars and then, amplifiers. Not much later, I decided to start building amps.

Not much room left in the spare bedroom !!

img2373m.jpg

By coastie99 at 2011-05-02

img2374d.jpg

img2375z.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
More room and tree than gear ...but that's where it's kept; guitars pulled back to keep the afternoon sun off them. Pic taken when the Rickenbacker was still in the house. The bench is in the garage ... this is FL ... benchwork is a seasonal thing:

studiob-1.jpg

ladytexan

Reaction score
Wowee....some very nice guitar rooms....AND, Guilds. My goodness.....the best of the best, Hall of Famers here! :D As we say here, YeeeeeHawwwww! Or for Aggie (Texas A & M) grads, Whoop!

Toni

P.S. CJ, too bad you must sit and play your Guilds while overlooking the WATER.! I mean, it looks like you're ON the water! :lol:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Gorgeous spot, CJ. Are you right on the intracoastal?
Yes he is....and it comes handy: when he's all sweaty after a screaming version of "Johnny be good", he just puts the guitar down and dives in....

PS: John, have I mentioned I would consider swapping houses?.... Think about it: A smaller house, less maintenance, less taxes (I assume).... hmmm? I'll even pay all the closing costs.
OK, I'll let you think about it a little longer. :?

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
ladytexan said:
Who's Whistling Rufus? :)
Hi Toni,
"Whistling Rufus" and "Little Black Me" are two original magazine covers from the 40's that were given to my wife and that I thought were really cool enough to frame..... I believe they contained some music partitions of the era's black musical folklore, and I wish I had the rest of the magazine, but unfortunately I don't.
The depictions of Black Artists of the times would certainly be considered highly unappropriate in today's focus on political correctness, but are a very interesting reminder of an American era from which we all draw (at least I do) the most inspiration musically, since it was then that the blues was born, the most beautiful and powerful thing that came out of this ugly part of American History IMHO.

ladytexan said:
P.S. Mess.....who cares....at least you have a guitar room. :wink:
My thoughts exactly! :wink:

fearless

Reaction score
Nice stripe effect on the seat, but I reckon a nitro finish with binding and abalone shell inlays would have looked better.

Seriously though, I LOVE playing in bathrooms. You can hear every nuance and even your voice sounds good!

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fearless said:
Coastie, that gig bag should say "Heinelectro", shouldn't it?

Is that an S-90 or S-100 project I can see?

Gidday Skip.

Yes, that's an S100 replica body that I bought on Ebay a long time ago. It's meant to be a finished project by now but, as you can see, I've got nowhere with it yet !

And yes, the Heinelectro's tucked away in that bag. Also unfinished !!

And I wont even mention the three amp's in progress !

So much to do, so little time !