Came Perilously Close to a Mortal Sin

TonyT

Reaction score
I especially like the part where nobody disagrees with the "mentally inferior" tag :D :D :D :D :D

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
TonyT said:
I especially like the part where nobody disagrees with the "mentally inferior" tag :D :D :D :D :D
I don't know what I missed but I apparently missed "something of interest."
As a 10-year resident of the Lone Star State in a previous life, I'd like to get in on this conversation/discussion. :wink:

Joe

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
As the OP, lets' just let any reference, or percieved reference to Texas slide. I don't think Frono meant anything personal with his earlier response. Life is just too short to fret (no pun intended) over such petty things. The guitar part of this thread has been a great discussion.

West

hideglue

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
As the OP, lets' just let any reference, or percieved reference to Texas slide. I don't think Frono meant anything personal with his earlier respense. Life is just too short to fret (no pun intended) over such petty things. The guitar part of this thread has been a great discussion.

West

Well said, Jim.

Ridgemont

Reaction score
Back on the topic of guitars, the Martin in question was listed as having forward shifted braces. Martin does this to many models including their HD28V which had the same features as the one West played except for the nut width. The forward shifted braces is supposed to increase bass response much like West experienced with this custom Martin. Outside of the nut width, I am wondering what was custom about it. While I have never played one, I am told the HD28V is as close to a prewar D28 as you can get.

TonyT

Reaction score
Just noticed an HD-28 on Craigslist a couple of miles from me. Perhaps I owe myself a look see.
$2200.

Ridgemont

Reaction score
TonyT said:
Just noticed an HD-28 on Craigslist a couple of miles from me. Perhaps I owe myself a look see.
$2200.
The HD-28 can typically be had used for about $2000, just as an FYI. Really great instrument and my -28H is the 000 equivalent. Just keep in mind that the HD28 is NOT the the HD28V!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'm still wondering if one of the guys here bought that Martin. If so, I might get to play her again someday?

West

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
As the OP, lets' just let any reference, or percieved reference to Texas slide. I don't think Frono meant anything personal with his earlier response. Life is just too short to fret (no pun intended) over such petty things. The guitar part of this thread has been a great discussion.

West
Works for me.
And I have indeed enjoyed the guitar part of this thread. :D

Thanks Jim,
Joe

TonyT

Reaction score
Ridgemont said:
TonyT said:
$2200.
The HD-28 can typically be had used for about $2000, just as an FYI. Really great instrument and my -28H is the 000 equivalent. Just keep in mind that the HD28 is NOT the the HD28V!
I'm not up to snuff on Martin stuff, but isn't the V a neck shape thing?

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
TonyT said:
Ridgemont said:
TonyT said:
$2200.
I do believe it's a reference to the modified V shape of the neck.
Don't care for the V, personally. 8)

Joe

Ridgemont

Reaction score
TonyT said:
Ridgemont said:
TonyT said:
$2200.
No. The V refers to their vintage series line of guitars. Yes the V series have the V-shaped neck but that is not the only distinction between the HD28 and the HD28V. The HD28 has scalloped sitka braces with a sitka top, while the HD28V has scalloped adi braces that are forward shifted with an adi top. Those along with the different neck profile are the main differences.