Guild Amp Model Two schematic needed

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Hi there in the states and Hello from Germany,

shortly I bought an old Guild Model TWO Amp and, can you believe this, I bought some problems with it. So I am looking for the schematic, maybe layout plan, if there is. Asking fender, I didn´t get any help. The same with montarbo company, their name is written in big letters on the board ...., but they didn´t even answer. So if anyone out there would be so kind to send me the schematic, he would help me a lot, I´d be very thankfull and I will light a candle for him or her.

Matsickma wrote something about a bucket bregade reverb. Nothin like that in mine. It´s a real reverberation spring, but made in the far east somewhere and, a very small tank. It sounds like a bucket bregade, shure. But i changed it with a long accutronics spring and, wonder, wonder, sound is o.k. now.

The ampsound is not like a solid state amp, its not harsh or cold. I had to change the speakers, now 2 Fane 1970`s 10" are running in the box. Able to cover sound range for my Guild SF-4, my Guild X-170 and my Telecaster - and really loud.
Both Guilds able to easyly overdrive the preamp - but still o.k. good sound.
I started to love that little big amp.

Thanks to you all for reading - hope my english is no too bad -
and hopefully Yours

Rolf

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi and welcome; your English is much better than that of several members! You might try contacting member Hans Moust http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/ ... use the 'Contact' button. He might be able to help you find out who made the amp; Guild or another company and badged Guild.

Recently, a member with a 1990s Guild amp found a schematic by locating the manufacturer. We have many of the Guild tube amp schematics but almost none of the transistor amp schematics. Good luck; this is like your amp, no? (Courtesy of The Guilds of Grot)

Model-Two.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Looks to be that Loco/Aria made the later transistor amps:

mxb_120.jpg

Guild Model 5 from Grot's collection:

Model-Five.jpg

I wonder about the earlier models ... the have a vaguely 'Uni' look to them. Grot's Amps