Guild Studio 24

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
I purchased a Guild Studio 24 in 1987, It is the best guitar I have ever had, I am interested to see if any of you have heard of this model, or have one, or any thoughts or input on the Studio 24

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Re: Guild Dtudio 24

Saw one on Gbase, once... that's about all I can say, except "Welcome to LTG!"
Dave

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

John Kidder has one, and of course, Guilds of Grot. Cool guitar!

If you have some pics, post them up!!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

guildstudio24 said:
I purchased a Guild Studio 24 in 1987, It is the best guitar I have ever had, I am interested to see if any of you have heard of this model, or have one, or any thoughts or input on the Studio 24

Those are really unique guitars! Some photos would be great!

And welcome to LTG, guildstudio24.

Dave :D

john_kidder

Reaction score
I like each of my Gruhn Guilds:

1633278256388.png

The Studio 24 is a very interesting guitar:
1633278266001.png

Huge sound for such a small thin flat-backed body, and it's wonderful to have such easy access all the way up the neck. As I understand the story, the prototypes were built slightly larger than the production models (all 30 of them) which I gather were build using Starfire molds for the rims. Beautiful woods, great finish. I have a bit of a problem with a bad 15th fret, soon to be repaired, other than that it's a beauty.

It is completely comfortable to play for some reason, more so than any of my other guitars. A keeper.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Studio,

I believe it would be you that I e-mailed this to but just for everyone else's enjoyment/edification I'll post it here.

1633278286919.png

And here's mine;

Studio-24-B.jpg

Studio-24-BB.jpg

If you were able to read the text in the posting (I need a new scanner!) You'll see that we all have the "Artist" model. There was also a "Standard" model with The "Chesterfield" and an arched back. (Assuming any were really built.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guildstudio24,

Those are so rare that they aren't even listed in the Vintage Guitar Price Guide. According to Ted Beesley's book on Guilds, only thirty-three were made. And they were designed by George Gruhn, so you know it's an outstanding guitar.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Belated welcome studio24! And thanks for bringing up that very seldom seen Guild in the conversation... :D