not a guild

Reaction score
hey guys thought i'd run this by you all, since i'm a member here. I have a 65 Fender Vibro-champ that i recapped,all e-lytes, and replaced the speaker, just basically went over. I have a noise when playing it at around 7 0n up....it makes a tick sound, not in any rhythm just randomly, otherwise is has a excellant sound......any help appreciated thanks

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sockets might need to be retensioned, partially broken component like a resistor, bad solder joint...

Does it "tick" when you hit a particular note, or when you really whack a chord?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Default said:
Sockets might need to be retensioned, partially broken component like a resistor, bad solder joint... Does it "tick" when you hit a particular note, or when you really whack a chord?
What he said; do you play it near any florescent lights, electric motors, or appliances? If the input leg from the jack to the circuit board is unshielded, sometimes you can pick up electronic trash from the environment.

Reaction score
you hear it mainly on bassy notes....all new caps installed. i did just re-solder all joints and chop sticked it, i'll let ya know....thanks guys appreciate