Your favorite picture(s) of an artist playing a Guild?

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Ok, I'm gonna veer on a veer. I like the day that Velvet Underground were on the Lawrence Welk Show. Lou Reed is hiding in a cupboard backstage...
Just saw this now! Brilliant mash-up :C) Thanks for sharing Zelja!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's another Guild sighting of the the Barr Brothers, this time on CBS This Morning. Again, Brad Barr is sporting his well-loved 1966 Starfire V.

Last edited:

idealassets

Reaction score
That's a nice late 1960's Ludwig 4-piece kit, expecially in White Pearl finish. Owners of these sets are asking moon money for these sets lately!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, let's at least show the picture! Sammy Hagar and his F-50, looks like a Westerly one to me.
But, SHOCK! The TRC is upside down!

kLRUDCh.jpg

27029-1-optimized_59f7871e1352b.jpg

Ralf

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That brings me to another one: Jerry Cantrell with a New Hartford made D-55 and James Hetfield at the Masonic in San Francisco in May 2015. Jerry Cantrell also played other Guild 6 string and 12 string guitars like on Alice in Chains Unplugged on MTV in the past.

1636838905168.png

Ralf

Last edited:
Reaction score
The guitar player from Cyrkle seems to play a lot of Guilds in their videos.

gS3GWzQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was just reading Dave Davies Wikipedia write-up.......Searched for a photo circa 64/65, but could not find a good quality one. Airline lost his custom built Guild in 64 or 65. Yeah right.

Davies has played a number of guitars over time, the most recognizable of which is his Gibson Flying V. Davies bought it in 1965,[26] and soon began appearing live and on TV performances with it. Davies was one of the few guitarists who played Flying Vs at the time. It was, in that period, out of issue due to lack of interest upon its 1958 test release, and models were numbered. Guitarists like Lonnie Mack, Jimi Hendrix, Albert King and Davies himself helped stir interest in the instrument, and it would eventually become one of the signature guitars of the heavy metal era.[27]

Davies commented on his Flying V:

I used to play a Guild custom built guitar and the airline lost it on our first American tour in '64 or '65. ... I had to get a replacement quick. I went into a store and they didn't have anything I liked. I saw this dusty old guitar case and I said "What have you got in there?" he said "Oh, that's just some silly old guitar." He got it out and I bought it for about $60.[26]

Davies has played many other guitars throughout his career. He has played several models of Gibson Les Pauls over time, including a "Goldtop" model with P90 pickups and a black '78 model. On his website he lists the following:

Gibson Les Paul - Standard, Custom, Deluxe, Artisan and Goldtop models
Fender Elite Telecaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
'63 Fender Telecaster sunburst (owned by Ray, used as Dave's main guitar between 1967-1969)
'54 Fender Stratocaster
Gibson Flying V
Gibson L5-S
Gibson L6-S
Guild F-512 NT 12-string acoustic
Harmony Meteor[28]

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
LSD perhaps made him think they were both orange...

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Hey Hey, we're the Monkees!" Peter Tork (undated).
From location, appears to be shot during same episode in which that guitar actually appeared for a brief few moments.
Late '66 or early '67, don't remember for sure.
He got (is still getting) a lot of mileage from that axe:
maxresdefault.jpg

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was watching a TV program yesterday about Irish Catskill Resorts. It was quite interesting. They showed a photo of Pat Roper and his Irish dance band. He was playing an F-45. Not a Guild you see everyday. I couldn't find the photo from the show but I did find this album cover:

600.jpg

Here's another album cover with a different Guild:

s-l1600.jpg

I also posted a video of Pat in a Guild sighting thread.

Must be something about Irish Band leaders! Here's Martin Flynn:

The%20Martin%20Flynn%20Band%20with%20Pat%20Cahillane%20Jr%20and%20Mike%20O'Reilly.jpg

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This was posted to an Ampeg FB group, but I only had eyes for the X-350.
2a52fb13-a48a-4988-bf89-0d1a15aa79e0.jpeg

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Not sure if anyone has seen it, but during the PBS fundraising here they have been playing a documentary on Mr Rogers (Fred Rogers). There was a character on that show, Joe Negri, who was the postman I believe. In this documentary he is shown playing a Guild jazz box, as well as during a trip with Fred to a music store, backing up Fred and the store owner on a D-25!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has seen it, but during the PBS fundraising here they have been playing a documentary on Mr Rogers (Fred Rogers). There was a character on that show, Joe Negri, who was the postman I believe. In this documentary he is shown playing a Guild jazz box, as well as during a trip with Fred to a music store, backing up Fred and the store owner on a D-25!

Hey Bill, I DID see that - that was a great show, and very cool to see the Guilds. I think it was a Guild X-170. There are photos on-line of him with that guitar, and also with a Guild Benedetto.

walrus