" Troubles with Kustom Profile One "

Reaction score
Hello folks !
I am looking for some quality feedback from LTG'rs about my P.A. system,
knowing full well that ALL feedback here is QUALITY ! :lol:

I have a Kustom Profile One PA system that has been giving me trouble.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=630506
It started a few months ago after 2 years of perfect service. After it warms up (10-15 minutes)
it begins to make this loud popping sound every 4-5 seconds until I turn it off. When I turn it on again the popping sound starts up.

I did some checking on the internet and found this...

http://www.fixya.com/support/t3118805-k ... _loud_bang
First, understand that the power amp is always on and always at full output (100W) to the speakers. What you adjust for volume is really a sub fader that has the 5 individual inputs assigned (hardwired) to it. You also can control the Playback volume but this is simply another source that has been summed to the output of the "Master" sub AFTER the EQ and internal FX are applied. Since the amp is always on and at max, any interruption/drift to the power supply will result in noise regardless of the input levels.

The addition of 2 caps (47uF 50V) across the input side of each of the +/- 15V regulators will take care of the squealing noise. Add one cap to each regulator across pins 1 + 2 (cap’s neg to pin 2 on each).

There are also 2 current limiting resistors that are undersized and fail. While I have not experienced the "popping" in my unit I believe it is one or both of these resistors opening, or drifting enough to open the power flow enough to cycle the amp off and on, hence the "pop". They are R34 and 40. Originally 100 ohm 1W they should be replaced with 130 ohm 2W metal oxide resistors. When I checked my original 100 ohm ones both showed the signs of excess heat and one was down to 57 ohms. I suggest you mount the replacement resistors on end so that they have better air flow around them to help with the heat dissipation.

So,I had a qualified electronics guy replace a couple resistors with heavy duty ones.
The system worked great and the issue seemed to be resolved for about 3 months,then....bang !
Same issue returns ! :cry:

Jump in anytime with your ideas,solutions,etc.