FS: '78 G312 : Sold!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
A very pretty, easily-played '78 G312 that's in VG-Exc condition. Bought from member charliea when he posted it in this LTG thread. More pics and discussion in my NGD thread. Charlie had it set up before he sold it and the action is as good as any 12-er I've played. It has the signature Guild timbre-rich rosewood tone. A wonderful example of Westerly craftsmanship. $875 shipped / insured / tracked in the US.

front01.jpg

Dea03.jpg

Recent eBay sales:
1976: $1,004 plus shipping
1980: 'burst $950 plus shipping
1976: dirty, extensive top cracks $565 plus shipping
1979: thermal/stress fractures in finish on upper bass bout, low-grade pics $768 plus shipping

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: FS: '78 G312

That's a great price for a sweet guitar..If I had some bucks I'd be going...hmmmm. :wink: Steffan

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

Thanks Steffan; let's hope somebody else sees the price the way you do. :D

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

Good luck on the sale, CJ. I think that's an excellent price, especially with the recent case... Someone should jump on this fast.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

The Cap' had that guitar long enough for me to get a chance to put my hands on it... sweet guitar, as easy on your hands and ears as any 12'er Guild can be! And in excellent overall condition.
Get the box ready John, that one shouldn't stay waiting too long... 8)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

bluesypicky said:
The Cap' had that guitar long enough for me to get a chance to put my hands on it... sweet guitar, as easy on your hands and ears as any 12'er Guild can be! And in excellent overall condition.
Get the box ready John, that one shouldn't stay waiting too long... 8)

I'd buy it in a minute, but I can't bring myself to part with the D25-12 (my last burst acoustic; hi Treem!), and I don't play 12ers enough to rationalize having more than one. Yeah, that's me talking. :lol:

Somebody buy this one quick and put me out of my misery!

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Tell you what Cap...if no one takes it by the end of March you get in touch with me....and I think we could work something out... :D Steffan

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

My pleasure Steffan; the intention was to offer it here for a while and if no takers, maybe over on the AGF ... but I'm hoping an LTGer will make room for it.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

Bumperoo.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

Thanks Zac; fingers crossed :)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

Bumpittty bump bump.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

If I didn't have one already, I'd be all over that one, John. Can't believe you haven't sold it. I couldn't let mine go for twice that...

charliea

Reaction score

I just happened on this thread. It's John's loss, and somebody else's gain. The guitar is beautiful, and has a powerful sound that sets it apart. I still regret selling it, but just can't justify having that many 12's. For guys who are into blues it's probably better than the jumbos. Has that big, throaty projection, and it's very easy to play.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

Thanks Charlie; I'm still not offering it anywhere else yet - would prefer to see it stay in the family.

charliea

Reaction score

capnjuan said:
Thanks Charlie; I'm still not offering it anywhere else yet - would prefer to see it stay in the family.

Sales are slow here. I tried to keep my 'burst 65-12 "in the family", but there was no interest at $1350, and nothing happened even when I indicated I'd take $1250 shipped. Went to the 'bay and got $1482 shipped. I think your guitar will go for more than what you're asking if you take it to auction. There's always a lot of interest in G312's over there.

frankieb

Reaction score

charliea said:
Sales are slow here. I tried to keep my 'burst 65-12 "in the family", but there was no interest at $1350, and nothing happened even when I indicated I'd take $1250 shipped. Went to the 'bay and got $1482 shipped. I think your guitar will go for more than what you're asking if you take it to auction. There's always a lot of interest in G312's over there.

I am still crying over not having the funds when you posted that 12ver Charliea :lol: That was a great price on a beautiful guitar.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

charliea said:
capnjuan said:
Hi Charlie; I've been posting all the recent eBay transactions into my original post and yes, at your/my price, it's a steal. But in pure marketing terms, this BB sometimes offers to few sets of eyeballs and that's not the BB's fault.

In no rush; after all, as long as it's here, I get to play it some more. :mrgreen: