Guild T-100 and CE-100

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted an opinion on the difference between the Guild T-100 and CE-100. I know that the CE model is full depth whereas the T model is a thin line but what is the difference in playability? Does anyone have a preference in their experience(s) playing each and if so, what is it!? I'm just trying to figure out which model to go with and any help I can get would be really appreciated!

:)
W

MrBoZiffer

Reaction score
I've only played one of each, but I've had a CE-100 for several years now. It's full depth, but still a bit smaller than most other full hollow-bodies. To me that size is very comfortable to play, and it does not result in tons of feedback. It's also a bit brighter than other full hollows. The neck on my '65 is thinner than 50's Guilds, so I feel like it plays faster - probably due to the scale too. The T-100 is a great guitar and has plenty of comfort with the thinline body. Although, I'm not a huge fan on thinlines... most sound a bit anemic to me.

In the end it sort of matters what you're looking for in playability and sound. I think a CE-100 with either Franzs or mini-humbuckers is more versatile than a T-100. If I wanted a straight up rock & roll guitar with a lot of bite, I'd probably get a T-100. But I still think a CE-100 can do more.

Both are very playable and comfortable. Maybe I'm biased because I happen to think most Guilds are a perfect fit for me.