F-4ce Member Review

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
How long have you owned the F-4ce:
Year & specific model:
Purchased new or used:
Price paid:

Owners rate 1 (least appreciated) to 10 (most appreciated) in following categories with comments as desired:

Build quality
Looks
Projection
Bass
Mids
Highs
Sustain
Playability/comfort
Dependability
Fingerstyle
Flatpick
Strum

Condition (Mint/Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor):

Favorite Strings (one selection only):

Would you buy another if lost/sold:

Overall Assessment:

Most Appreciated Characteristic:
Least Appreciated:
Favorite F-4ce Story/Moment:

Other observations/comments:

Reaction score
Condition sound though as balck in colour plenty of signs of use, I bought a black F4CE new back in late 80's at half prive in UK its still,in use by my son In NYS where he now loves, he basically knicked from me, though I found it quite difficult to play as a beginner and only a chord man, he does ok on it and its got better even though its been to greece,New Orleans and Manhatton among other journeys, frets are still fine and guitar was well built with case supplied which is still ok and good, sound wise not an expert it has a wood sound And is better now for sure,stays in tune, using elixers, though Martin SP were fine,electrics ok, I service it every time I go over which is a clean up mainly and light lube.actually its easier to play for me now as pick and strum,though they are better for folk ie pickers! Cheers John

Reaction score
Guild Total
I purchased a F4ce in the early 90’s. It was my first “real guitar “. It had a Fishman Aura Blender system. Always had very high action and was difficult for me t play with my experience at the time. Although it lived in the hard case the top lifted up at the bridge and I ended up sending it back to Guild for repair. They took care of everything after about six months of waiting but it continued to prove difficult for me to play. Ended up trading it in on a Ibenez Ep9 Steve Vai acoustic. This reinforced my feelings about buying a guitar simply because it looks good. Similar to a beautiful woman who can’t cook or clean it quickly becomes painfully difficult to justify simply by how good it looks. Lol