Year & specific model: 1993 Pilot 605m 5-string, cherryburst
Purchased new or used: Used
Body wood: Maple
Neck wood: Maple
Fretboard wood: Rosewood
Pickups: J/J Delano JC5HE with sadowsky 2-band preamp
Bridge: Muller
Neck shape: nice D
Price paid: alltogether with the mods and tax because of shipping to germany around 900 US$ in germany and every cent worth it :D .

Owners rate 1 (least appreciated) to 10 (most appreciated) in following categories with comments as desired:

Build quality: 9
Looks: 10
Sustain: 10
Playability/comfort 10
Dependability - 9 because it is active and the possibility of battery failure is there.
Fingerstyle - 10
Flatpick - 10

Condition (Mint/Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Good, It is in great playing condition for its age.

Favorite Strings (one selection only): R'Cocco Steels 125-40 tapered at the moment.

Would you buy another if lost/sold: Yes, definately.

Overall Assessment: Outstanding

Most Appreciated Characteristic: versatile, Jazz Bass on steroids sound.
Least Appreciated: nothing
Favorite Pilot Story/Moment: when I finally found the right strings (R.Cocco Steels 125-40 tapered) the B-string became killer. it was ok before but since then this bass will never go.

Other observations/comments: when I purchased it it had the original korean jazzbass pickups which had been 4-string pickups which I found out after a test. I replaced them with german handmade Delanos and put an 2-band sadowsky preamp into the bass. after all the mods, aside the great playability this pilot really got a fat, huge and warm jazz-bass-on-steroids sound. one of the best basses one can buy not only for the money. My main 5-string bass

CIMG0364.jpg