GF-25 LTG Member Review

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
How long have you owned the GF-25: December 2010
Year & specific model:1988 Guild GF-25; natural tone finish
Purchased new or used: Used - Elderly Insturments
Price paid: $725.00

Owners rate 1 (least appreciated) to 10 (most appreciated) in following categories with comments as desired:

Build quality: 10
Looks: 8
Projection: 9
Bass: 9
Mids: 8.5
Highs: 9
Sustain: 9.5
Playability/comfort: 10
Dependability: 10
Fingerstyle: 10
Flatpick: 10
Strum: 9

Condition (Mint/Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): EC-. a couple of very minor dings. Lovely bearclaw in the Sitka Spruce top...

Favorite Strings (one selection only): Elixer PB Lights

Would you buy another if lost/sold: Just did. This one replaces one I previously owned, then sold to an LTG friend. I kicked myself many times for letting it go. This one is in nicer shape than the previous GF-25

Overall Assessment: What a comfortable, great sounding Guild. I love the folk, concert sized body. Though smaller, it projects nearly as well as the D40 (also hogback). Named this one after my granddaughter so this time I won't be tempted to sell it.

Most Appreciated Characteristic: Size and condition.
Least Appreciated: Nothing comes to mind
Favorite GF-25 Story/Moment: I was fortunate to find this one as GF-25s are not plentiful on the market. I was a very happy camper when I found this guitar.

Other observations/comments: I occasionally gig out at a local restaurant and have come to appreciate mahogany warmth vs other woods in small intimate settings. I bought this guitar to back up my D40 in that capacity if necessary. Could be the D40 will be the backup, although it is one of my very favorite instruments. I'm fortunate to have two mahogany back Guilds with character and quality these two offer.

Ian

Reaction score
Re: GF-25 LTG Owner Review

I thought we had Harmony central for this ? Are we going to get a sticky for each model with user reviews ?

Ridgemont

Reaction score

I propose a separate line explaining why the owner sold it if it is no longer owned.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Ian said:
I thought we had Harmony central for this ? Are we going to get a sticky for each model with user reviews ?

I trust LTG member reviews more than Harmony. If you've spent time there, you know what I mean. I can do stickies. Please let me know where you'd like me to put them...

dklsplace

Reaction score

coastie99 said:
Ian said:
Are we going to get a sticky for each model ?

Ian, chances are greater that you'll grow a second navel !

Too many stickies will force folks down into page 2 of a given category for all of the active posts. Most folks that haven't found the view new/unread post buttons don't bother looking past the first page.

Having a member's review section is a great idea though. Can we pull it off & let the reviews stand without excessive veerage?

Ian

Reaction score

Looks likwe my second navel has started growing then, Great idea, but can you delete the veerage on this one to keep it clean ?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Even I myself, a notorious veermeister, would behave in that candy store of a member's review section. +1 vote. :D