Sticky: Guild S-100, 1970-2000

Qvart

Reaction score
I doubt I have everything perfectly up to date, but I did a little editing to the sticky and S-100 Owners Roster today.

Thanks for the compliments I've seen lately. Looks like new members are finding the sticky useful for S-100 info. Coolidge!

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
Apologies for the thread bump. Just wanted to say that this post is the very reason I found and joined this forum. This truly is an almanac of awesome.

Thank you so much!

- Kent

Thunderface

Reaction score
Welcome LA! Nice to know that our highly-specialized passion (amid the larger community of Guild aficionados) can be an attraction for new members in and of itself.

Reaction score
I realize that it's Friday evening and this isn't Match.Calm but can anyone help me date my latest crush? She's an S-100, serial FB 001121. She's NOS and in perfect condition.

Thanks for your help!

~ Gary

Thunderface

Reaction score
Welcome to the nuthouse, Gary. Somebody will chime in sooner rather than later. I just don't have the serial number ranges at my fingertips as I type this.

Qvart

Reaction score
Garincho said:
I realize that it's Friday evening and this isn't Match.Calm but can anyone help me date my latest crush? She's an S-100, serial FB 001121. She's NOS and in perfect condition.

Thanks for your help!

~ Gary

Welcome!

Probably from 2000.

-Q.

Qvart

Reaction score
Oy vey

So, a couple problems have cropped up with this thread since the board was moved over to a new host/server.

1) The original post is too long for me to edit and save with the new board's length limitations (I would have to cut about 2/3 of the text out of the OP in order for me to save the changes). That means I am not able to add any new text (e.g., a message containing the information I'm currently entering into this post)...

sticky_zpsaa534733.jpg

and also...

2) I am not able to edit the long list of links in the original OP, which all refer to the old LTG URL's. Which means you'll have to content yourself with the search function if you want to familiarize yourself with S-100 info contained on this site. I could try to update all the links, but......that strikes me as a monumental task at the moment. Maybe someday when I've gone all Cornholio with the coffee and get the urge. Until then.......Sorry!

Reaction score
Hey folks,

New member here and the proud owner of a Hagstrom equipped 1970 S-100. She's a road dog, and has limped along with me all over the US and Europe. I'm looking for info as to a better bridge than this Hagstrom which has been ripping my right hand up for years.
After destroying a bunch of the adjustment screws with sweat and grime, I balanced a TOM on there for a while, but it was a sloppy fit. I just got a bunch of NOS micromatic saddles and I'm struggling to properly intonate this thing... I really hate this bridge.
Trying to find a better quality, less dangerous bridge that will fit the existing bridge posts.

Searching for answers on this sticky, but it seems all of these links are dead!

Thanks

hagmeat

Reaction score
Hey folks,

New member here and the proud owner of a Hagstrom equipped 1970 S-100. She's a road dog, and has limped along with me all over the US and Europe. I'm looking for info as to a better bridge than this Hagstrom which has been ripping my right hand up for years.
After destroying a bunch of the adjustment screws with sweat and grime, I balanced a TOM on there for a while, but it was a sloppy fit. I just got a bunch of NOS micromatic saddles and I'm struggling to properly intonate this thing... I really hate this bridge.
Trying to find a better quality, less dangerous bridge that will fit the existing bridge posts.

Searching for answers on this sticky, but it seems all of these links are dead!

Thanks

Welcome to LTG Gristlepig. I`ve been having the same problem with the links on the sticky thread.

If you contact Guild expert Hans Moust through his website www.guitarsgalore.nl

he might be able to recommend a solution/bridge for you. Goodluck and keep us posted.

Cheers. Rob.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
When the forum was moved to the new forum software earlier this year unfortunately all old links got destroyed. So somebody would have to rebuild the list, the posts are still all available just the link is different now, so you can't get there.
Don rebuilt one of the other sticky lists recently, but I am not sure somebody would find the time to rebuild this big one...
Ralf

Qvart

Reaction score
When the forum was moved to the new forum software earlier this year unfortunately all old links got destroyed. So somebody would have to rebuild the list, the posts are still all available just the link is different now, so you can't get there.
Don rebuilt one of the other sticky lists recently, but I am not sure somebody would find the time to rebuild this big one...
Ralf

I have contemplated trying to fix all the links, but that would be more of a daunting task than compiling the list to begin with. Perhaps one day...

Muovinen

Reaction score
Anyone had problems with a metallic ringing sound from the area between the tail piece and the bridge? I have a ´75 Acorn with the longer gap between those two components and I can't get rid of the ringing. It's very audible just playing without an amp. I really love this guitar but this one little thing bugs me. Well, there's also the jack that comes loose all the time... ;)

Muovinen

Reaction score
I put some foamy scheisse under the strings between the bridge and the tail piece. It's effective (the sound is free of ringing without any tone loss) but not pretty. Do I have to show you a pic of it to get some better ideas?! ;D

Gorgar

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there was ever a sunburst S-100C? I've got a sunburst JS-II with the acorns, but I've never seen a sunburst acorn guitar.