What book are you reading?

Reaction score
avagadro said:
If you like absurd comedies try "A Confederacy of Dunces" by (close guess) John Kennedy Toole. it's filled with chuckles
I was actually going to suggest that one. an interesting fictional read for sure. I would say what its about, but then you wouldnt need to read it, would you? :wink:

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
I never used to read much, but I've started reading while waiting to pick up my daughter from lessons, etc.

Have read several by Daniel Silva - among them a series of novels about an Israeli intelligence agent. The latest is The Rembrandt Affair.

Also, got a collection of stories from PJ O'Rourke: Driving Like Crazy - laugh out loud funny.

MrBoZiffer

Reaction score
avagadro said:
If you like absurd comedies try "A Confederacy of Dunces" by (close guess) John Kennedy Toole. it's filled with chuckles

Very true. This book is absolutely hilarious!

Qvart

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Not required reading, but Levin and Savage, along with Hannity and Beck sure do end up on the NYT best seller list often. I must not be the only one reading them.

Milli Vanilli went multi-platinum and won a grammy. :lol:

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
"I flathead" by Ry Cooder - his first book, which comes with his latest CD that has the same title.

And I just got five Jim Thompson titles I didn't read yet, so those will probably be next, or maybe the BB King biography I also just got.

Qvart

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Currently reading Karen Armstrong's A History of God. Interesting and thought provoking but I'm not sure I would give it a unconditional recommendation for all readers.

My reading often tends towards some weighty tomes, and that one sounds like it might be right up my alley, frono. I'll have to check it out.

This is the shelf of the recently-read, currently reading, and need-to-have-within-reach-pretty-much-at-all-times. :lol:

GEDC2146.jpg

MojoTooth

Reaction score
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
The last book I read was "Five People You Meet in Heaven"; a helluva lot better than the movie. That was about 2 years ago or so. The detached retina surgery I had makes reading a real chore.

Peace

MrBoZiffer

Reaction score
MojoTooth said:

I've been wanting to read that and The Fountainhead. I think my wife is getting them for me for Xmas. Can't wait! Although they'll probably take all of next year to read... :D

MojoTooth

Reaction score
MrBoZiffer said:
MojoTooth said:

I've been wanting to read that and The Fountainhead. I think my wife is getting them for me for Xmas. Can't wait! Although they'll probably take all of next year to read... :D
I think you'll definitely enjoy Atlas Shrugged. It is the type of book that will have you looking at "society" from a much different aspect that you may have before. Hope you enjoy it.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." -- John Galt

MrBoZiffer

Reaction score
I'm sure I will. I can tell you're doing some of the same kind of reading as I am. I've been trying to learn more about the Austrian School and the history of libertarian philosophy. I've got some Mises books I'm trying to get around to as well. I'll get to Hazlitt eventually.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
When I'm not chasing my favorite writers around bookstores, I spend a lot of time in my small library of books about birds. They're mighty handy for researching odds and ends about those things with wings. :wink:

birdbooks.jpg

One small section

With almost 200 titles, I could possibly be the "Grot of bird books!"

Joe

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
When I'm not chasing my favorite writers around bookstores, I spend a lot of time in my small library of books about birds. They're mighty handy for researching odds and ends about those things with wings. :wink:

birdbooks.jpg

One small section

With almost 200 titles, I could possibly be the "Grot of bird books!"

Joe

You read bird books Joe :? :lol: ?

West