Bigsby bridge base

59slab

Reaction score
Another question on my Starfire III. I would like to install a wood base in conjunction with the aluminum bridge on this guitar. Problem I'm having is with pole spacing. Seems all the bridge bases I have found so far have a little wider pole spacing and will not allow for a drop on fit. Most are 2 29/32 spacings. My measurements on the bridge I have are 2 26/32. Any one found a wood base out there I can drop this on with out a bunch of work. I find the all aluminum bridge too bright and thin sounding for my tastes and robs the gutar of tone. Suggetions would be appreciated or if anyone has a spare guild wood base they would part with I'd be happy to purchase it. I plan on doing this work in conjunction with the installation of the TArmond pickups I have coming

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You might find someone who stocks the wood bases and saddles that are on a couple of current Gretsch guitar models, if not, I think your best bet is probably to have a base made or adapted. (I had one plugged and redrilled some years ago, but have long sold the guitar it was on)