This is a thread about nothing

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
pic01.jpg

Qvart

Reaction score
I thought "nothing" was going to mean another string of Seinfeld quotes. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

TonyT

Reaction score
There's a guy who has parked on the fire hydrant across from my house the last 2 nights, hasn't got a ticket.
A number of people (including me) over the years have gotten tickets, which cost $150, so it chaps my butt
that this guy has gotten away with it twice.

Next time, do I call it in, or do I just let it go?

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
TonyT said:
There's a guy who has parked on the fire hydrant across from my house the last 2 nights, hasn't got a ticket.
A number of people (including me) over the years have gotten tickets, which cost $150, so it chaps my butt

Lots of options but I'm just a bit wary of a punch line waiting to bite me on the butt! :lol:

Your reputation guides me, :wink:
Joe

TonyT

Reaction score
And btw, I stole the idea for this kind of thread from another board I frequent. We call it the "Post Whore" thread. Usually, the thread lasts about 3 months or so, ending when somebody decides to start a new one and retire the old one. Usually gets about 3000 post or so before it dies and we begin the new one.

Also btw, the other site started back in '04 as a poker site. Had some growing pains, got closed off to new members a couple of years ago, but still going strong. Probably about 15 active posters and 20 or so occasionals. We usually get together somewhere every couple of years. We've gone through births, deaths, losing jobs and getting new ones, marriages and divorces, and everything else. We've even had 2 members meet, marry, and just had their first child. And almost none of us play poker anymore.

So when we have some growing pains here, just know that things will work out if we just hang on.
Places like this are rare and more valuable than you know.

TonyT

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
TonyT said:

Lots of options but I'm just a bit wary of a punch line waiting to bite me on the butt! :lol:

Your reputation guides me, :wink:
Joe
Nope, strictly legit this time.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
1. You can tell the person that, if they pay you, you won't turn them in. If they pay you, it's up to you whether you turn them in or not.

2. You can ask the person who they bribe not to get tickets. If you get a name ... see item 1 above.

Or ... just turn them in.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Have a little fun... :evil: .....don your Ninja outfit, attach one end of a heavy chain to the hydrant and the other end to his rear axle. The end result will entertain the masses on youtube. :wink:

Just saying,
Joe