Starfire 4 feedback issues

Reaction score
I feel my SF4 is a little feedback prone when near a louder amp or under gain. Not horribly bad but still. I don't wanna stuff stuffing inside the guitar

Are they more prone than an ibanez or Gibson es? Are hb1s NOT wax potted? Could it be the pups?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
StarfireRocks said:
I feel my SF4 is a little feedback prone when near a louder amp or under gain. Not horribly bad but still. I don't wanna stuff stuffing inside the guitar

Are they more prone than an ibanez or Gibson es? Are hb1s NOT wax potted? Could it be the pups?

Is it feedback or squealing? When I had a squealing pickup, it was totally unpleasant. Feedback I've been able to turn into fun sustain, but squealing pickups need to be fixed.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
the hb-1's on my former 91 sf-4 had not been waxpotted when I got it. I had let it done and everything was fine.

murkat

Reaction score
pot the pickups and go from there. When I potted my pickups in my birds, that alleviated alot of squealing micro-phonics.
Sound posting alleviated a lot of un fundamental feedback issues.

jmac

Reaction score
Are you talking about the Gibson ES 335?

From what I understand the 335 is not prone to feedback because it had a solid piece of maple in its body, essentially separating the hollow sections.

Is that the same configuration as the starfire 4?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
jmac said:
Are you talking about the Gibson ES 335?

From what I understand the 335 is not prone to feedback because it had a solid piece of maple in its body, essentially separating the hollow sections.

Is that the same configuration as the starfire 4?

Yeah, SF4 is the same idea.

It can still feedback, but it's much more resistant than a hollow body like a SFIII.