I present to you, "the Twins" (old bluesbirds...)

murkat

Reaction score
DD 426 and DD 427 :)

017.jpg

024.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

AfterGlo

Reaction score
Two, too cool!

And are the numbers you referenced consecutive serial numbers? How did you come to own them?

murkat

Reaction score
yes, consecutive serial numbers!
first one obtained by a member here via ebay,
second one thru C/L in Hawaii. When the seller told me the serial #, I just about sh&yt my pants.

harpinator

Reaction score
They are simply beautiful, looks like maple tops too. I bet they sound wonderful. I can see how it would have been hard to resist getting the last one.

Thunderface

Reaction score
I thought Qvart and I having '82 M-80s seven serial numbers apart was pretty cool. But consecutive numbers? That's outrageous. Way to go.

Qvart

Reaction score
Well, I'm not a fan of gold on a guitar, but those BB's are SAH-WEET!!!

Thunderface said:
I thought Qvart and I having '82 M-80s seven serial numbers apart was pretty cool.

Ahem.............you mean you and dogman have M-80's that are seven numbers apart. :lol:

Oh, and don't forget beinhard - isn't his seven digits after dogman's?

dogman

Reaction score
Ooooooooh, a Hemi(426) and a big block chevy(427). I'm gonna have to go home and check my serial number. That is one awsome pair, Lucky You. Great Deal. My shirt is wet and the drool won't stop.
dogman

AfterGlo

Reaction score
waveland said:
So....how do they play relative to each other??
Congrats!

Yes - that is a great question! You always hear people talk about differences in build quality and pick-ups from one guitar to the next in relation to vintage guitars. Is there any apparent difference?

(And yeah - I always wanted to date a pair of twins, just to find out.)

murkat

Reaction score
waveland said:
So....how do they play relative to each other??
Congrats!

extremely close actually. I had the modification learning curve down quick with the first one,
So the second time around was a breeze. I did revision the sound post design to the second one and the results are very poisitive to the first attempt. More woody, airy tone, better than the first attempt and will re apply to the first.
the second, DD426, had its problems...
first fret was replaced and not leveled and crowned to the rest of the board,
Original nut was raised to compensate the fret, result in very action for the rest.
non original bridge assembly, a archtop replacement type with a gotoh type abr bridge thingy.
easy fixes.
After the fret/ fret board dressing and nut returned to its original origin,
potting pickups, installing the sound post V2 and modded abr assembly,
strung it up with DR blues 10's, she woke right up :) sounds fantastic. Plays just like DD427 with just a little more
woddy airy tone. The pickups metered about the same as others, but as with DD427, DD426 pickups were factory installed
"backwards".. the hotter in the neck, colder in bridge ( 5.14 & 5.10 apprx.) but I took care of that ;)
Hands down, my favorite guitar. I can get rid of just about everything else I have ( and probably will) and just be very
happy and content with the old bluesbirds. I am hooked.
Thanks for the comments guys. To have these two, and as what they are, what turned out to be, I feel pretty good :)