" Cracks,et all... "

Reaction score
Anyone ever have problems with a heel cap splitting from a strap pin install ?
The bottom half of the screw is broken off inside the hole.
I did not install this.
Personally I would have gone for the neck block location.
Comments? Advice?

heelcapandstrappinissue.jpg

cjd-player

Reaction score
Here is what I would do:
To remove the broken screw, you'll probably need to drill a small hole into the broken end, then use a screw extractor (Kinda like a reverse-thread reamer. You can pick one or a set up at Sears.) Hopefully the cracks will close tight after the broken screw is out. Then see if you can gently open the cracks a bit by putting a new screw in. Then put superglue into the cracks and quickly take the screw out. Wipe off any superglue squeeze out. After its dry, you can buff the finish.

If the cracks don't close tight after the broken screw is removed, you are unfortunately up to a more complicated level of repair and finish work.

geoguy

Reaction score
Someone probably didn't adequately pre-drill a hole before tightening that screw. I'll bet the cracks will close up if you can remove that broken screw.

Reaction score
From what I have investigated,it is advised not only to pre-drill the hole,but also to use a tapered drill bit just as the screw itself is usually tapered.

I will put this repair in more talented and capable hands quite soon,as I am anxious to play it in public venues.

" All things work toward good for those that are called..."

Thank you for your insightful and collaborative input my friends.

~ Raj ???? ????