A Guild Dispute!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
dapmdave said:
Lacking knowledge, I have no opinion.

You sir, have no business being on the Internet! I demand that you form an opinion and defend it vigorously, with foul language, if possible.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
GAD said:
dapmdave said:

You sir, have no business being on the Internet! I demand that you form an opinion and defend it vigorously, with foul language, if possible.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave :D

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
GAD said:
dapmdave said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
GAD said:
dapmdave said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

tjmangum

Reaction score
GAD said:
dapmdave said:
And if possible, use ALL CAPS and misspell commonly spelled wurds!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
tjmangum said:
GAD said:
dapmdave said:
And if possible, use ALL CAPS and misspell commonly spelled wurds!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

OK!!! I WULL TRY TWO DUE THAT!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
Eye halve a spelling chequer

I have a spelling checker.
It came with my pea sea.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

-- Sauce Unknown

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Default said:
Yes, but it's a Premier, not a Guild!
I'm confused, which means I belong on the internet.

I look at http://www.archtop.com/ac_54x150.html and I'm not in any position to dispute that it is a Guild, at least not without Hans' book in hand.

I look at the CL ad and I could go either way. There is not enough detail to confirm the headstock profile and the Guild logo is lacking. Furthermore the tuners are different. So are we saying that the CL seller, who is adamant about the identification, is wrong and that the CL guitar was made by Premier, not Guild?

Thanks.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Frono, now you've confused me. :)

The ad you linked to shows a '50s-era liptop headstock with Guild plainly written on it (inlay, actually). Were you making a comparison with something?

And, yes, clearly we *belong* on the internet! :D Frankly, I'm not sure I exist elsewhere. "I post therefore I am..." Descartes said something like that. ;)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
CL has flagged 6-8 individual listings where somebody else was scoffing in the direction of the guitar's ID. Not that I'm licensed but the pics are low grade and the headstock isn't clear. I guess the seller notified CL about all the quibbling listings ... or maybe the seller flagged them for removal himself. But that's where all the insistence in the listing that it's a Guild is coming from. We have a member who might be going to take a look at it ... that is, we may get 'eyes' on it.

Reference to members' opinions edited out.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
fronobulax said:
Default said:
Yes, but it's a Premier, not a Guild!
I'm confused, which means I belong on the internet.

I look at http://www.archtop.com/ac_54x150.html and I'm not in any position to dispute that it is a Guild, at least not without Hans' book in hand.

I look at the CL ad and I could go either way. There is not enough detail to confirm the headstock profile and the Guild logo is lacking. Furthermore the tuners are different. So are we saying that the CL seller, who is adamant about the identification, is wrong and that the CL guitar was made by Premier, not Guild?

Thanks.

When I refer to CL in the above I mean this listing. Is that guitar a Guild or Premier or is there some relationship between the two that I am unaware of that makes the question nonsensical?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I pointed out the listing, and the beginnings of the CL disute because I kind of enjoy watching some of the disputes that go on in CL. I don't think the guitar is real, either. But I intentionally left that for you folks to decide.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
dapmdave said:
I pointed out the listing, and the beginnings of the CL disute because I kind of enjoy watching some of the disputes that go on in CL. I don't think the guitar is real, either. But I intentionally left that for you folks to decide.Dave :D
Gotta love a good CL dispute! :wink:
:lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
dapmdave said:
I pointed out the listing, and the beginnings of the CL disute because I kind of enjoy watching some of the disputes that go on in CL. I don't think the guitar is real, either. But I intentionally left that for you folks to decide.
You, sir, are a waste of bandwidth! :lol:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
adorshki said:
dapmdave said:
You, sir, are a waste of bandwidth! :lol:

I don't think I've ever been called a waste of bandwidth before. Care to elaborate?

Dave :?

waveland

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am local to the guy with the possible (or not) X-150. I just got off the phone with him and he seemed decent enough. I'm meeting up with him tomorrow morning, camera in hand to hopefully give resolution to this dispute.....and play the thing while I'm there. You can expect full photos and report tomorrow afternoon. If anyone has any specific questions or can think of things I should look for send them my way.
Peace and out,

Dave

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Dave; good luck ... especially if it's not a Guild and you tell him so ... :wink: