A Guild Dispute!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
[url=http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20904 said:
hansmoust[/url]]This guitar doesn't look like a Guild to me.

If you can do so without resorting to fisticuffs, it would interesting to know why the seller believes the instrument is a Guild. Understanding the seller's reasons may make the next exchange about a similar guitar more civil.

waveland

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Hi Dave; good luck ... especially if it's not a Guild and you tell him so ... :wink:
Ummmm....I think I'm just going to take the pics and leave that up to all of you here! :lol: Actually, I'm playing Mr Dad tomorrow and I thought what a FUN field trip to take my 19 month old son on and get to the bottom of this at the same time. More to come....

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
waveland said:
capnjuan said:
Hi Dave; good luck ... especially if it's not a Guild and you tell him so ... :wink:
Ummmm....I think I'm just going to take the pics and leave that up to all of you here! :lol: Actually, I'm playing Mr Dad tomorrow and I thought what a FUN field trip to take my 19 month old son on and get to the bottom of this at the same time. More to come....

Just remember that this is not probably not the guitar you would swap your firstborn for, although if your son is number 7 or 8 a deal might be reasonable.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

kitniyatran

Reaction score
good point, Fro!

For what ti's worth, to quote Mr. Stills et al, comparing the CL ad & archtop.com, they don't look like the same species to me.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
dapmdave said:
adorshki said:
You, sir, are a waste of bandwidth! :lol:
I don't think I've ever been called a waste of bandwidth before. Care to elaborate?
Dave :?
How a geek tells someone they shoulda been aborted. Meaning "Why're you wasting valuable data transmission capacity with pointless internet traffic?" I just made it up. Hoping it will soon become geekdom's highest insult. :lol:
Bear in mind it's intended as a parody of the other flaming innuendo previuosly mentioned. Humorous intent only. Gosh since I had to explain it, now I feel like a waste of bandwidth. :(
Some of the more serious veer-mongers here have been accused of similar misuse of resources. Not that I would know anything about that. :lol: :oops:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
adorshki said:
fronobulax said:
Just remember that this is not probably not the guitar you would swap your firstborn for, although if your son is number 7 or 8 a deal might be reasonable.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT TOUCHE!
Oh and by the way the seller thinks it's a Guild because according to his carefully worded story, 3 different dealers at some kind of guitar event said it was a Guild, although he didn't bother to make notes of names or numbers....

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
waveland said:
capnjuan said:

It'll be interesting to see what you come up with, waveland.

Dave :D

Qvart

Reaction score
Hehe...I didn't realize there was a thread here about that alleged Guild in FL. I read all the CL posts and couldn't help myself - I grabbed my copy of the bible and then made a post myself noting a couple things about the guitar that are definitely non-Guild-ish (or non-X-150-ish). And of course it was flagged and removed, as I expected. But it was fun while it lasted! :lol:

waveland

Reaction score
Soooo.......I'm not sure if it's legit or not....but......I'm here and it will only take a couple hours max.....and for me it's kind of a fun thing to do on a Friday afternoon. Furthermore, another LTG member from Florida contacted me and wants to see it too, so we'll probably all get lunch together and talk about guitars. Hmmmmmmm......if I didn't know better I would think that the weekend has started early.....cool!

Qvart

Reaction score
waveland said:
Soooo.......I'm not sure if it's legit or not....but......I'm here and it will only take a couple hours max.....and for me it's kind of a fun thing to do on a Friday afternoon. Furthermore, another LTG member from Florida contacted me and wants to see it too, so we'll probably all get lunch together and talk about guitars. Hmmmmmmm......if I didn't know better I would think that the weekend has started early.....cool!

Oh, I would go too. Why not? Guitars. Lunch. Throw in a couple beers.......perfect! :lol:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
waveland said:
Furthermore, another LTG member from Florida contacted me and wants to see it too, so we'll probably all get lunch together and talk about guitars.

As Q said:"Perfect!" :wink:

waveland

Reaction score
Well..........When I called the seller yesterday to set up the time and get directions I told him I belonged to this site and would be taking photos and posting them here. In the meantime, Bluesypicky contacted me and was going to meet us there as well which was very cool.
I'm sure you know where this is going. The seller contacted me and canceled until further notice. Kind of thought that may happen....
The winner in this is my son, because now he gets to go to the beach!
Have a great weekend everyone!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
waveland said:
Well..........When I called the seller yesterday to set up the time and get directions I told him I belonged to this site and would be taking photos and posting them here. In the meantime, Bluesypicky contacted me and was going to meet us there as well which was very cool.
I'm sure you know where this is going. The seller contacted me and canceled until further notice. Kind of thought that may happen....
This, added to his "aggressive defensiveness" when challenged on the "Guild legitimacy"of his guitar speaks volume about this seller's integrity IMO and comforts all the non Guild statements as far as I'm concerned.
But I agree, the cool thing out of this is I got to meet (almost :D ) and speak to a fellow Floridian LTG'er... so it's all good!
That thing is not a Guild. :lol:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
waveland said:
This, added to his "aggressive defensiveness" when challenged on the "Guild legitimacy"of his guitar speaks volume about this seller's integrity IMO and comforts all the non Guild statements as far as I'm concerned.
But I agree, the cool thing out of this is I got to meet (almost :D ) and speak to a fellow Floridian LTG'er... so it's all good!
That thing is not a Guild. :lol:

All right! Don't mess with Guilds...

fife.jpg

Dave :D