There can be only one!

firestar

Reaction score
Keep the Guild everyday.....just look into perhaps sending the pickups off for a custom rewind.....GAD that Guild is simply superior as an instrument
and a fine looking guitar.....could even try the TV.Jones "classics" as a compromise...but is it even a compromise...TV.Jones make excellent oldschool
handwound pickups...they even now make a replica DeArmond/Dynasonic...the "SuperTrons" are a kinda toaster looking jazz Filtertron.
At very least put in the gold Filtertrons the just have a play and post a photo.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
AlohaJoe said:
GAD said:
I actually have a pair of TV Jones classic in English mount and gold finish that I bought to put into the X170, but I never did it.
That sounds like it might be just the solution... you could even do it in in a way that is easily undone.

mini.jpg

Cool idea, but that won't work. The existing pickups are 4-wire, and are tapped (together) using a weird toggle switch that taps them both at the same time, but indipendantly (if that makes any sense).

The TV Jones are two-wire, so I'd need to bypass the coil-tap, thus rewiring the inside, at least partially.

They're really very different feeling and playing guitars. If I keep the Guild I'll have the pickups rewound. I did that with my 2000 Starfire 4 and it sounds incredible now.