For you pedal junkies.....

tele4tone

Reaction score
Wampler makes some of the best pedals out there.

http://wamplerpedals.com/effect_pedals

I just bought the Faux echo pedal and I don't think there is a better analog delay being made. With endorsers such as Brent Mason and Brad Paisley speaks volumes of the reliability and tone you can squeeze out of these things. I really dig all of his dirt and distortion pedals. I can't wait to make some more purchases.

Jeff

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jeff:

I had the Faux Echo, just traded it. A really nice pedal for sure, but needed something else more at the time. The one I want is the Ecstasy. It's a the top of my "gotta get this" list.

MD

tele4tone

Reaction score
I love the Faux Echo..... I just wish it had tap tempo and a longer delay. I replaced an old dod delay I used for oscillating and feed back. Now I have a little more options. Honestly, Wampler got me hooked from his mod books. I really enjoyed replacing some parts in a dirt pedal and changing the sound.

Jeff

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
I own the Faux AnaologEcho Delay (orange one) & agree it's great. It's actually digital, though! :wink:

Wampler, Greer, Catalinbread & Paul Cochrane all make some incredible pedals in the sub $200 range (new).

tele4tone

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever heard a pedal closer to a real tape delay... I assumed it was analog. :shock:

I have an echoplex and wish I could take it out and use it every gig. It/'s just not possible. This guy puts me close anyways.

I haven't had a chance to check out the Catalin's.... Not much of that around my area. Brain Wampler lives down the road about an hour so.......

MojoTooth

Reaction score
The Catalinbread pedals are top notch. I had a WIIO and recently sold it to help pay for my Tele project but as soon as it is feasible I will be getting another. It is the best OD/Distortion pedal I've ever heard.

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Update on the Wampler front: Just snagged a used Ecstasy. Very curious to try this one.

A few other notes:

- The Space Echo RE-201 is my reference for excellent tape echo tone. Two pedals have some of that vibe. The H&K Replex and the Rocketride First Echo on the Moon. The former is a rather large, AC powered (with dedicated walwart) unit. Digitall but you'd never guess that from how it sounds. Were this smaller and wired a bit different (to allow wet and dry mix), I don't think anything else would come close. It's a really nice sounding pedal. Ended up being to bulky and impractical for me. The Rocketride is a re-voiced, repackaged DMM XO. I traded mine towards a '75 Guild S-100, so it departed for the right cause. But I miss it bad. The Skreddy Echo turns out to be the solution. Great pedal. Not in that it emulates tape in any obvious way. More in that the tone is beautiful, and the modulation is subtle and just right.

- Catalinbread stuff is excellent. Their Semaphore trem is an all-time favorite.

MD

tele4tone

Reaction score
I just found out that Brian is working on tap tempo for the faux echo.....

I'd like to know what you think of the Ectasy..... I'm not 100% on this jekyll and hyde yet.

Jeff