1976 Les Paul......funny ad from Cl....

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
This guy would make a great story teller.... :lol: Steffan

1976 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. I know it's a '76 because I bought it in '76. I remember I paid around three hundred bucks for it back then. I didn't like the little pick-ups so I tracked down some luthier genius guy who said he could router out the body and slam in a couple of Dimarzio Super-D's for thirty bucks. So I paid him up front and then I noticed he was missing three fingers on his right hand but it ended up he did a really nice job. In 1988 some some goth chick with a red mohawk stole my car and the guitar was in the trunk and she ended up ditching it in a snowbank so the finish has some cracks if you look really close because it was 44 degrees below zero that night. I traded it to my drunken loser cousin for a car in 1990 but I bought it back from him in '92 because he was broke. I swapped out the pick-ups with a Duncan Pearly Gates at the bridge with an original 1974 Gibson humbucker at the neck. They sell for between $2500 to $3000 these days so I figure $1800 is a fair price. And if you're one of these people who feels they've failed as a human being if they paid the asking price, it's $2000 and we can negotiate. Tobacco Sunburst. Don't email and ask dumb questions or offer me nine hundred bucks or I'll be mean to you. Thanks.

jcwu

Reaction score
With an ad like that, how can anyone resist??

Do you have a link? :)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I like the seller's attitude but I do have to say that buying it in '76 does not make it a '76.

I bought my JS II new in '72 but it left the factory in '71 according to the serial number and dating charts :wink: