GUILD F212

frettedstrings

Reaction score
I sold my Takamine Jasmine this afternoon. Got approval to buy another 12 string. I missed out on the F112 that was at a GC in New York. I hope this F212 is all they say it is. The price is right !

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
frettedstrings said:
I sold my Takamine Jasmine this afternoon. Got approval to buy another 12 string. I missed out on the F112 that was at a GC in New York. I hope this F212 is all they say it is. The price is right !
Is there any way we can have a look....just for drooling purposes? :wink:

Joe

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
If you are going to see it in person, the obvious first thing to check is its playability. Make sure the bridge is tight to the top. If you can, bring an inspection mirror and see how the ball ends sit in the bridge plate. You can sometimes get an indication of a worn plate by seeing how much of the string is showing at the bridge. That is, sometimes the windings will start to show as the ball ends work their way into the plate. It wouldn't be a deal maker to me if the price was right, as it's a pretty simple matter for a luthier to reinforce the plate. Check the tuners to make sure they are not worn, but again, not a big deal to replace them as long as you are using it as a player. In fact, you might want to change them anyhow. I put mini-Schaller machines on my 212 years ago, and don't regret it, although it added a lot of weight to the headstock.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Brad

frettedstrings

Reaction score
The F 212 that I was watching on E Bay sold for $422.00 . Nice guitar didn't have the funds to be the winning bid this time. I just heard that Guild made a D-25 12 String. Did Guild ever make a D-35 12 String?

frettedstrings

Reaction score
I finally found my F 212. 1967 Guild F 212. The only mark in on the neck under the 3 fret. I bet it was a capo that did it. I am done searching for guitars for now. Now my 1975 D-35 has a friend.

TimsGuildD-354.jpg

Tims1967GUILDF212.jpg

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
frettedstrings said:
I am done searching for guitars for now. Now my 1975 D-35 has a friend.
That's what we all say after a buy.
It's usually followed by 1 to 2 weeks of calm and smooth posting, suddenly broken by the enthusiastic post tiltle: LOOK WHAT I'VE FOUND!!!! with pics attached. :lol:
Nice catch with that 12er, congrats!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Oly $123.00? HEY GUYS, we oughta take up a collection! C'mon, you know it's for a worthy cause! Hey, where's everybody goin'? Guys? GUYS? :shock:

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Thanks Adorshki,

Should I give you all my address or do you all just want to credit my account at the GC in Boston, MA....LOL :D :D :D But seriously, another week or so should do it. I'm getting anxious to bring it home. :roll:

frettedstrings

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Salesman at the Guitar Center, in Boston, MASS to come in so I can put down the last $123.00 on my 1967 Guild F 212 and get it out of Lay-A-Way. It's Time To Bring It Home !

Tims1967GUILDF212.jpg

frettedstrings

Reaction score
My 67' F 212 is on the UPS truck, coming from Boston, Mass. With a stop in Parscipany, NJ and after just leaving Maumee, OH, its on it's way to Michigan. I can hardly wait, but I must. :D