And the folks all say
that the old bridge bends,
and that is the way
that this story ends.

' Strang

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
When I first saw this, it cracked me up, now I'm shaken. I'm reminded of Carol King....."I feel the earth move under my feet." and the Beach Boys......"I'm gettin' those good vibrations.".....Elvis....."I'm all shook up.". Truly a moving experience.

West

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I LOVE it, and all signs in the middle of nowhere telling you where you are!! Reminds me of a roadtrip to Oregon, there I was in East B-mf--k's back 40 when coming around a curve, I passed a State Highway sign which read: "45th Parallel. Halfway between the equator and the North Pole". It took me about 2 seconds to stop, back up and pull out the camera and do a complete 360 montage. The scenery was about as naked as the background in your pic. Nakeder, even. It was the Oregon High Country. :lol:

Last edited:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
I think its even more interesting that some utility decided that was just the place to run their underground cable or gas line...whatever that white and orange post signifies! Pacific Gas and Electric? Used to be a good band... :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Bill Ashton said:
I think its even more interesting that some utility decided that was just the place to run their underground cable or gas line...whatever that white and orange post signifies! Pacific Gas and Electric? Used to be a good band... :)
I REMEMBER them! Had that first album! But I think that post is actually for surveying purposes. Lots of places on the zone are monitored regularly for movement.

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
I dunno...kinda looks like the kind of marker the Tennesee Gas Line uses in this area, to make sure you don't dig up their high pressure supply line :shock: ...maybe not...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Bill Ashton said:
I dunno...kinda looks like the kind of marker the Tennesee Gas Line uses in this area, to make sure you don't dig up their high pressure supply line :shock: ...maybe not...
I'll have to drive out there and see if I can read what the little red tag on the fence says. That's probably the key to the whole mystery. :lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
littlesongs said:
I am guessing that you saw this one. This ain't my picture, but I've been out there too. :lol: :lol:
Can't see the link, but yeah, how many of 'em can there be fitting that description? :lol:

poser

Reaction score
I find it really helps me with my spatial orientation if I know when I've crossed onto a different tectonic plate. 8)

mike1100

Reaction score
Lots of shaking songs out there......"Shake It Up"

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Car Talk's Arab Elvis impersonator: Amaal Shukup.

JF-30

Reaction score
The last earthquake I felt was my senior year in High School. It was 1984. it was my first class after lunch break. Biology. We had 2 big ones hit back to back in a matter of a few minuets.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hey Al, I thought B-mf--k was in Egypt!
EAST B-mf--k.
It's in Oregon:
1859_Jan-Feb-2016_Shaniko-Biggs-Oregon_Talia-Galvin_002.jpg

It's the bedroom suburb of Shaniko which had boomed to a population of 36 by the 2010 census:
shaniko.jpg

One thing about Shaniko, it's hard to get lost:
d9a9d278-5b62-4424-b473-aefb30901801.jpg

Y'can't miss it if you just keep heading north after you pass Big Cojones National Monument:
53cee25c03d88.image.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The last earthquake I felt was my senior year in High School. It was 1984. it was my first class after lunch break. Biology. We had 2 big ones hit back to back in a matter of a few minuets.

Man I don't even remember that compared to the big party in '89:
images

Cypress_collapsed__1524330791859__w600.jpg

There are a few spots in the Santa Cruz mountains where one can take about a 5 minute hike off the road can see the fault valley tracing a practically straight line north. If it weren't for haze one could probably see the ocean some 40-odd miles away.
First time I saw the fault valley I didn't realize what it was, just wondered how a natural valley could be so straight.
Then it dawned on me.
Couldn't find any good Google Images, one'd think they'd be plentiful, but this is the closest thing I could find:
ge_saratoga.jpg

I was kind of surprised to find out the "Ridgecrest Quake" wasn't along the San Andreas, and in any case, locally, the experts say it's our Hayward fault that's long overdue for something similar to the Loma Prieta in intensity:
122-38HaywardFault.jpg

Somehow one just doesn't think the lightning could strike twice in one's life, but there it is, and I work right on top of that sucker.

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
Man I don't even remember that compared to the big party in '89:
images

Cypress_collapsed__1524330791859__w600.jpg

There are a few spots in the Santa Cruz mountains where one can take about a 5 minute hike off the road can see the fault valley tracing a practically straight line north. If it weren't for haze one could probably see the ocean some 40-odd miles away.
First time I saw the fault valley I didn't realize what it was, just wondered how a natural valley could be so straight.
Then it dawned on me.
Couldn't find any good Google Images, one'd think they'd be plentiful, but this is the closest thing I could find:
ge_saratoga.jpg

I was kind of surprised to find out the "Ridgecrest Quake" wasn't along the San Andreas, and in any case, locally, the experts say it's our Hayward fault that's long overdue for something similar to the Loma Prieta in intensity:
122-38HaywardFault.jpg

Somehow one just doesn't think the lightning could strike twice in one's life, but there it is, and I work right on top of that sucker.

...as you work now?

Ralph