S100 stereo?

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
My Rickie 360 is a mid-'90s "vintage" version with two output jacks, but they're both standard mono rather than one being Ric-O-Sound. Much the same goes for the Eastwood recreation of Teisco's Spectrum 5 I picked up earlier this year. (The original Spectrum 5s have dual-coil stereo pickups: in stereo mode the bass-side coils go to one output and the treble-side coils to the other.) But, as GAD notes, dual mono output is handy. With my current wet-dry-wet home rig I can run one output directly into my dry amp and the other into my effects chain & then into my wet amps. It is kinda weird having two cables plugged into your guitar, though.

Teisco Spectrum 5:

IMG_4029_zpsd92a56ed.jpg~original

-Dave-

Last edited:

Timeline88

Reaction score
Guild Total
Maiden post here, so I thought I'd resurrect an old thread in hope that you can help me out with a question?! I'm about to pull the trigger on a S100SC Stereo complete with 'Stereo' TRC in natural (serial 80456). It's in Manchester, UK and the seller is after £1200 and it appears to be in good shape save for some fretboard pitting on the second fret.

Do I need to use a Y cable and run this guitar into two amps to use it amplified? Or, if I use a normal jack will it just give me mono, or standard, output?

Also, anything I should be looking out for in particular? I can try it, so I'm trusting the seller and he's going to get a demo video across to me in the coming days.

Thanks