NGD! Probably the best deal I will ever get on anything.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:
Not a huge fan of the road worn series though...I like the wear and dings to come from me and be for real. :wink:
Two thumbs up. To carry on the guitars/collector car parallels binge I've been on lately, would you pay a premium for aging on a vintage 60's muscle car REPLICA?.... I didn't think so.

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Thunderface said:
Chazmo said:
Indeed, thunder! That's a story that must be told!

Okay. Here's the story.....

That's a great story. Really appreciate you sharing it. Good night John Boy. :D :wink: :D

Hammer

Reaction score
All cleaned up and restored, with that crappy Alembic removed...sounds like a completely different animal.

P7230279.jpg

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hammer said:
All cleaned up and restored, with that crappy Alembic removed...sounds like a completely different animal.

P7230279.jpg
Good golly... That may not be a Guild, but you could probably sell it for a few!

Truly the steal of the year, possibly the decade.

Hammer

Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Good golly... That may not be a Guild, but you could probably sell it for a few!

Truly the steal of the year, possibly the decade.

Definitely...although this one isn't going anywhere...it's a keeper. Next up, I'm going to soak those pickguard screws in some Coke for a little while, hopefully clean them up a bit, then, when I can stand to have it away for a little while, it'll be refret time...but they still have some life in em! I'm pretty impressed with how clean I was able to get the fretboard...that thing was a gunky mess.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hammer said:
crappy Alembic
Not used to hearing those two words in the same sentence. Crappy as in "doesn't work" or as in "doesn't do what you want"? Just curious.

Hammer

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Hammer said:
crappy Alembic
Not used to hearing those two words in the same sentence. Crappy as in "doesn't work" or as in "doesn't do what you want"? Just curious.

I guess it would fall under "didn't do what I want", but since I didn't install it, there was no original want really...it just sounded bad to me. I could understand and appreciate its purpose, but I much prefer the way it sounds without it. Plus, while the wiring was all good, it introduced a helluva lot of noise, which completely vanished once I installed the replacement jack.

steffenson

Reaction score
Damn , that's nice! I have always liked the large headstock and "bullet".

Great find! Friend of mine once found a Fender Bassman head outside in a pile of garbage; It was just 'waiting' there for the trashmen to throw it away... He took it home, fixed it and played it ever since.