Mr. Spock jams out, man!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
AlohaJoe said:
Almost so bad it's good, but mostly just bad...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2xyRObL0Xw
It's always interesting how something so bad can be so much fun to watch.
Sort of like the fascination we seem to have with, say, car wrecks.
I could be wrong, but isn't the appeal of NASCAR more about the crashes than it is about watching a bunch of cars going really fast and turning left for 250-500 miles? :lol:

I wonder if NASCAR and Indy will ever 'go green,'
Joe

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Did everyone smoke weed back in the 60s?

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
cjd-player said:
They should have put a baseball card on that gal's bicycle wheel spokes. :lol:

There were more than a few cheesy homemade props on the original Star Trek. What an empire was built upon that humble foundation.

gilded

Reaction score
Oh, all you Herberts out there!! I thought it was funny!!

I never saw this episode in the 'good old bad days' (just lucky!), but friends, with tears of laughter in their eyes, told me all about it. Now, since you guys have brought it up, I've just spent an hour on Youtube and the Internet Movie Data Base watching the episode and catching up on the actors.

The character 'Adam' was portrayed by Charles Napier, who actually co-wrote and sang all those songs! Napier was also in Russ Meyer movies, Silence of the Lambs, one of the Rambo movies, etc. He also does voice overs for Cartoons (the first Sheriff in 'Squidbillies') and was the 'voice' of the Hulk in the original TV show. He's still going strong.

'Doctor Severin' was played by Skip Homeier, a child actor in the Forties who actually made the transition to adult acting. He was in two Star Trek episodes, as well as the Time Tunnel, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space and Land of the Giants.

He also played in Westerns. He was a gunslinger in Gregory Peck's flick, The Gunfighter and also appeared in two Randolph Scott/Budd Boetticher movies, The Tall T and Commanche Station. He co-starred in a 1970 TV show, The Interns, with Mike Farrell (MASH) and Broderick Crawford. Skip's career wound down in the early '80's.

Arthur Heinemann, the writer of the episode, started out as an Art Director for Disney, as well as an animator! He worked on Fantasia (story development) and Pinocchio (art director) in 1940. Eventually, he transitioned from animator to writer, working on a variety of shows in the '60's through the '80's; Bonanza, Cannon, Little House on the Prairie, the FBI Story, Grizzly Adams, as well as Star Trek. He won a daytime Emmy in the '80's for an ABC After School Special called, The Woman Who Willed a Miracle, starring Cloris Leachman and M. Emmet Walsh. His last show came out in '87.

Man, I would love to know who the studio musicians were in this episode!!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sometimes, you smoked so much that you repeated yourself.

Of course, I was seven at the time, so I was hooked on Frootloops, instead.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
AlohaJoe said:
FNG said:
Yes.
I'm a lifetime non-smoker, but let me tell you how good (and more potent) it was in a nice spaghetti sauce and/or the locally-famous brownies! A variation of which were the greenies! :shock:

And then there was.....what were we talking about? :roll:

Joe

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
guitardude said:
coastie99 said:
Ah, fond memories of Mrs Coastie's "Atomic Afghans". :lol: :lol:

I was wondering why it seemed like such a long drive through to Hokitika last time I popped by your place.

I'm one who subscribes to the belief that "far too much" is approaching "just about right". So it is possible that there may have been a teensy bit too much of a particular ingredient !

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
AlohaJoe said:
coastie99 said:
Is that an Afghan Hound with really bad gas?

Joe, the thought occurred to me after posting that, that Afghans may not be universally known !

Turns out that they're a Newsyland thing.

I suggest you get Mrs Aloha to have a crack at making them; pretty damn' salubrious !!

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/2312346

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
FNG said:
Actually there wasn't enough to go around until the '70s, then it even made it to the White House. Anybody remember Billy Carter? :lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
AlohaJoe said:
coastie99 said:
Is that an Afghan Hound with really bad gas?
Joe, the thought occurred to me after posting that, that Afghans may not be universally known !
Turns out that they're a Newsyland thing.
I suggest you get Mrs Aloha to have a crack at making them; pretty damn' salubrious !!
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/2312346
Out here we favor "California Specials". Those of us that can handle 'em at least. I finally got tired of forgetting which song I was s'posed to go back to after the solo. :lol: