Guild Model Two Amp Info?

AfterGlo

Reaction score
Hi

May be looking at a 70's era Guild Model Two amp for pretty short cash for sale in my local paper. Just wondering what info people have on these. I know its solid state, 50W, 2 10" speakers by "Rola" and has trem and reverb, no mention of whether it has an OD channel. Any input on the sound quality and typical price of these amps in decent vintage condition?

Thanks!

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi,

A Model 2 would sell somewhere in the $100-$200 range. Sound is vintage early transistor amp. Suprisingly loud relativly light weight compared to a tube amp. The biggest negative of this amp is the old style 'bucket bregade" simulated reverb. These amps do not have a true reverb pan. If the did they would actually sound pretty good. They are not highly collectable but can be had for a low price. I have a Model 1 and occasionally turn it on. I always get suprised by the instant-on of the solid state amps.

I can't say I would recommend it but for a $100 I wouldn't make a fuss over trying one out.

M

AfterGlo

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. It'd be about $100, but is a bit of a drive away. Sounds like its no hidden gem, if still a playable amp, so maybe not the way to invest my precious vacation time this week!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's a spec sheet if it makes any difference.

Amp-Two.jpg