Nez

kitniyatran

Reaction score
Thanks, I always liked Mike Nesmith. Of course, I also really like Slim Whitman, too!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
MandoSquirrel said:
Thanks, I always liked Mike Nesmith. Of course, I also really like Slim Whitman, too!

I liked the Nez, too. And especially the 12-string clip. But he's almost yodelling in the first clip... :roll:

Dave :D

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
noWii said:
still, Nesmith and Tork's talents were underrated.
As were Jones and Dolenz's for that matter. In fact I'm PROUD, PROUD I tell you, to admit I'm still a Monkee's fan and played "For Pete's Sake" (the closing theme song for the second season, Tork's tasty little gem, he actually plays the guitar on it) just last weekend! You know what, those guys ruled the Strip for a year there! C'mon, admit it, wouldn't YOU like to have lived that year yourself when you were in your early twenties? All those critics puttin' 'em down for being the "prefab four" were JEALOUS!!! :lol: Final word re Nesmith: "Mary Mary" on "More of the Monkees". 'Nuff said.

kitniyatran

Reaction score
dapmdave said:
MandoSquirrel said:

I liked the Nez, too. And especially the 12-string clip. But he's almost yodelling in the first clip... :roll:

Dave :D
I like yodeling, too.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
noWii said:
IMHO, gonna have to stand by the Nesmith and Tork as musicians position though (got a story).
Peter Tork is still battling cancer at this time?
OK, have to agree with that although Dolenz was a great singer and no slouch as a drummer. Jones was definitely the weakest as a musician. There's been at least a couple of good documentaries about them and I picked up a book in the library a few years back which pictured Peter with an F-bodied Guild... :D
Had forgotten about his cancer. A quick google reveals a website, petertork.com, a tour agenda including dates this month, and a mailing address in San Anselmo(!), just the other side of the SF Bay from here and a notorious den of unrepentant hippies and other coutercultural artist types. My kind of town. :D