Just for fun:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
What instrument is the guy playing on the far right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2hXkoOFlvw

keyed fiddle or Nyckelharpa. I'd like to pretend I am the kind of smarta$$ who knows that kind of stuff but I actually had to Google the names of the musicians, found a web site for two of them, navigated to find a bio page which says the duo plays a keyed fiddle and a Hardanger fiddle and I got lucky looking for keyed fiddles first.

07_Keyed_Fiddle.jpg

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
I've never seen the Nykelharpa fingerpicked before...only bowed...know someone who has and plays one, as well as a Hardanger fiddle, tho I don't think he plays the fiddle anymore...he's actually deaf and feels the vibrations of the Nykelharpa to play it...bit more difficult with the Hardanger fiddle even with the extra sympathetic strings on it...he's quite accomplished and most people don't realize he's deaf and has been most of his life.

Reaction score
keyed fiddle or Nyckelharpa. I'd like to pretend I am the kind of smarta$$ who knows that kind of stuff but I actually had to Google the names of the musicians, found a web site for two of them, navigated to find a bio page which says the duo plays a keyed fiddle and a Hardanger fiddle and I got lucky looking for keyed fiddles first.

07_Keyed_Fiddle.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took me so long.

Reaction score
I've never seen the Nykelharpa fingerpicked before...only bowed...know someone who has and plays one, as well as a Hardanger fiddle, tho I don't think he plays the fiddle anymore...he's actually deaf and feels the vibrations of the Nykelharpa to play it...bit more difficult with the Hardanger fiddle even with the extra sympathetic strings on it...he's quite accomplished and most people don't realize he's deaf and has been most of his life.
That's an amazing story GuildFS4612CE. Thank you for sharing that.

Reaction score
Last edited: