adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
kevin the bass man said:
my top 3 veers
1. CN tower
2. boots
3. chinese food
wouldn't a thread about veering be the ultimate veer because it will contain all of the LTG veers in one convenient thread?
I can't think clearly on an empty stomach. And I still can't figure out why everybody's so fascinated with the red arrow in the CN tower photo.
And let's not forget Coastie and Jerry's sheep pinups. It still just melts my heart when I go home to the farm and the little lambs run up to me bleating "D-HAH-HAH-A-DDY"...

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
There's a tower? :lol:

And how do you veer a thread about veering? Discuss guitars?

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
adorshki said:
Chinese food. Steffan? You out there?

I just saw this, and not being certain what a 'veer' is....I looked it up........I guess its movie.....or something about photography.....now I'm feeling a bit insecure about all this........Chinese usually helps at times of stress.......like now. :!: Steffan

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
taabru45 said:
adorshki said:
I just saw this, and not being certain what a 'veer' is....I looked it up........I guess its movie.....or something about photography.....now I'm feeling a bit insecure about all this........Chinese usually helps at times of stress.......like now. :!: Steffan
Trying not to hijack thread....trying not to hijack thread....fortune cookie says "You will marry wisely and eat well".... there's just no escaping....

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
adorshki said:
taabru45 said:
adorshki said:
Trying not to hijack thread....trying not to hijack thread....fortune cookie says "You will marry wisely and eat well".... there's just no escaping....

Oh man......at this point I'd settle for either...... :lol: :lol: :lol: Steffan

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have never in all my years of Interneting, found a place so utterly incapable of staying on topic as LTG.

It's as if the entire group has some sort of attention def...

Oh look - a nickel!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
GAD said:
Oh look - a nickel!
If it takes you 9 seconds to pick it up that's about $20/hr and beats minimum wage.

The concept of "favorite veer" strikes me as somewhat oxymoronic. I mean, if the thread lasts long enough the probability of someone mentioning the CNN tower, sheep, politics, birds or ethnic food approaches 1. I'd suggest the best veers are the unexpected ones. At least nothing here has ever gotten to the point that Godwin's Law applies.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
GAD said:
I have never in all my years of Interneting, found a place so utterly incapable of staying on topic as LTG.
You make a good point (as I subtly invoke veers about post count by double posting) but I'll suspect you have never found a place that is so civil either. In fact, if memory serves, the threads that became uncivil - some of which have since been deleted - were veers that had no Guild content. That is not to suggest that veers should be discouraged but it is food for thought when one considers making a veer.

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
noWii said:
OK - after another mention of this new topic on another new thread, and to me, the somewhat mixed responses - i assure all, no harm meant on my part - i ask that folks ignore this post. I will say that the members of LTG are welcoming to new members...just takes a little time to understand the nuances.

It may have something to do with the average age of our members.
I for one sometimes find myself under the influence of
oldtimmers disease.
Now what were we talking about?