1958 guild x550

guitarman

Reaction score
Thanks for the case information jazz man - that scenario seems likely. I have pictures, but I do not know how to post them. Could someone please help me?.

jazzman

Reaction score
I'm no internet guru but here is how I know to do it on another message board I belong to.
You need to host the pictures online somewhere (i.e. photobucket)
In photobucket there are several different types of code attached to each picture for posting online or in emails etc. You want to copy the "IMG" code. Copy and paste that code into your message and the picture should magically appear!

kitniyatran

Reaction score
db62 said:

Wow! That's gorgeous! I'm always blown away by the '50's X series. Here's my contribution:

Guild1.jpg
That's what the one I had 22+ years ago looked like, except it had a Bigsby, & rhinestones all around the headstock(the luthier I swapped it to removed the 'stones)!

guitarman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I use all these guitars to gig, save for the x550 as I just got it and it has no strap pin on the upper bout. Should I add the strap pin, as I believe that guitars this nice should be used? Will it hurt its value? :?:

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
guitarman said:
I use all these guitars to gig, save for the x550 as I just got it and it has no strap pin on the upper bout. Should I add the strap pin, as I believe that guitars this nice should be used? Will it hurt its value? :?:
I think it increases its value to you if it allows you to use it.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
guitarman said:
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I use all these guitars to gig, save for the x550 as I just got it and it has no strap pin on the upper bout. Should I add the strap pin, as I believe that guitars this nice should be used? Will it hurt its value? :?:
They are guilds: made to be played.

yettoblaster

Reaction score
I haven't put another strap button on my latest X-150 (yet). Instead I bought a Planet Waves head Leash that goes around the head and snaps together at the strap.

Not that I'm totally against adding strap buttons, I've done that plenty of times. I'm just stalling I guess. I gig it plenty. Wes Montgomery used a head attached strap too (my pre-emptive appeal to authority before the dovetail guardians flame me).