Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will

• I have not yet

• Total voters

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
When you write opinion pieces on the internet, you're publishing to the world. If you take the time to proofread the articles for proper spacing, punctuation etc., it will make them much easier to read.

I'm sorry, but my reaction to a poorly formatted article on the trials of being a vintage guitar dealer was fairly negative. I'm sure the job has its difficulties, but to be honest, the message I took away from this was "I work really hard so don't bitch about the price".

With no Guild content, I'm unclear as to why it's posted here other than to take advantage of a free outlet to promote a business.

gregsguitars

Reaction score
Having my own style and I am not really concerned about "proper" formats, I have been writing my article(s) for a few years now and have even been picked up by several online guitar publications. You are correct as this article contains no Guild information and yes the article is not just for the informed but also the uninformed as we all enter the guitar arena at different times and at different levels of knowledge, like the disclaimer states" to inform and to entertain" .Thank you for looking. Greg.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Joe does have a point, Greg. Not to put too fine a point on it, but this article has some "leggy"sentences in it. The punctuation is also off in a few cases. It could stand some polish, however I've been vetting a friend's college assignments and I'm sensitive to that.

You've written better, this article seems to be a clinker.

tjmangum

Reaction score
gregsguitars said:
Having my own style and I am not really concerned about "proper" formats, I have been writing my article(s) for a few years now and have even been picked up by several online guitar publications.
The burden of communication rests with the entity that is speaking. The more professional the presentation, the clearer the writing, the more readers you will reach with your words. If you don't care about how you present yourself to me, why should I care about what you want to tell me?
tj

gregsguitars

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback and understand you point(s) . Being a member of over 40 forums worldwide I only let forum room members know each month that my article is posted. People can not read it if they do not know about it is my philosophy. I do have over 4200 subscribers world wide that have requested an email reminder once a month about my articles and look to add more recipients as I can. It is an opinion based article and yes I would like to write on each different type and builds of guitars as well as inform and entertain fellow guitar enthusiasts about different aspects of the trade. At the link provided there is a sidebar that allows readers to browse preceding articles at their leisure. Hopefully I can research what I would like to say about Guild guitars and publish an article soon.Any input on what aspect of Guild that you as LTG members may want me to tackle would be appreciated. Greg.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh, I have no problem with your opinions, it's your blog! :D You could use some work on the mechanics and flow of your writing, that's all. When I was working on my degree, I had to write a ridiculous amount of essays and, as I mentioned, I review10-12 papers a semester for my friend.
I'd recommend working from an outline, if you don't already.
It helps to keep the writer focused. It's the technique that I use when I'm writing a piece that I care about.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I have read your pieces, Greg, and I'll have to concur with Joe, Default, and TJ.

I work as both a writer and an editor and, as an editor, I would have a number of things to discuss with you about your "style." The discussion would come naturally as I go through your pieces and make necessary changes/corrections, with which you might or might agree. The "flow of your writing" was mentioned and it's something you could spend a little time with in the future.

I feel that we live in a new age where less attention is paid to how the message is delivered. Blogs are convenient and easy to create, and probably a bane to English majors everywhere, including yours truly. Strunk and White are probably spinning in their respective resting places, as I type.

Continued success in all your endeavors, and know that all opinions are what they are. :wink:

Cheers,
Joe

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
... Strunk and White are probably spinning in their respective resting places, as I type...
... As would be Ms. Turabian :wink:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
Suffering Christ !!
Greg needs a lesson in journalism ?? And the patronising, pretentious "English Major" crap ??
Just read the bloody thing, or don't !!
Ah, Coastie...the voice of calm and reasoned forbearance for which you're so justifiably reknowned! :lol: Um, you've had your fiber today, I trust?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
capnjuan said:
killdeer43 said:
... Strunk and White are probably spinning in their respective resting places, as I type...
... As would be Ms. Turabian :wink:
Hear, hear, Cap! Kiss me Kate! :lol:
Ibid ....... or was it Op cit? :wink:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
adorshki said:
Ah, Coastie...the voice of calm and reasoned forbearance for which you're so justifiably reknowned! :lol: Um, you've had your fiber today, I trust?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you AD for being so solicitous of my welfare.

Yes, I have. And a very robust bowel movement.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
adorshki said:

Only on LTG.....brings new meaning to ROBUST.... :lol: :lol: I love it here.....Steffan

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
adorshki said:

Good prep for the ol' colonoscopy. Lots of nasty thingies avoided with a regular colonoscopy I always say. Please keep current, old chap, you ARE dear to us here.... :D

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
"English Major"........is that anything like augmented or a barred F Chord? :? :? Steffan