My first guild! and i love it!

Reaction score
Yesterday i travelled 400 kilometers. But it's worth it!He told me it's a 1958 CE100 and it's all original exept for the tone/volume knob. Is this correct?

I changed it for my les paul and i'm really happy this guitar sounds very nice with or without an amp. On low volume is pretty jazzy but also different. I really love the sound when i putted the amp on 5 (clean vox AC30) the guitar just sounds so pure with overdrive and alot of bass. It's hard to describe it (my engish isn't good enough). I have only one PU but it's like i'm having more sounds then with the les paul. I'm really happy! Here are pics!

2rz9ks3.jpg

xqfxi.jpg

acsgnm.jpg

2aijart.jpg

2qveb7s.jpg

2jfhouf.jpg

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
eldainty said:
Yesterday i travelled 400 kilometers. But it's worth it!He told me it's a 1958 CE100 and it's all original exept for the tone/volume knob. Is this correct?

I changed it for my les paul and i'm really happy this guitar sounds very nice with or without an amp. On low volume is pretty jazzy but also different. I really love the sound when i putted the amp on 5 (clean vox AC30) the guitar just sounds so pure with overdrive and alot of bass. It's hard to describe it (my engish isn't good enough). I have only one PU but it's like i'm having more sounds then with the les paul. I'm really happy!

Wow, that one's got all kinds of good mojo going one, along with some of the dreaded binding issues like the one I have. Mine's an X175 and is a year newer. What's the serial on yours?

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
eldainty said:

I changed it for my les paul and i'm really happy this guitar sounds very nice with or without an amp. On low volume is pretty jazzy but also different. I really love the sound when i putted the amp on 5 (clean vox AC30) the guitar just sounds so pure with overdrive and alot of bass. It's hard to describe it (my engish isn't good enough). I have only one PU but it's like i'm having more sounds then with the les paul. I'm really happy!

Wow, that one's go all kind of good mojo going one, along with some of the dreaded binding issues like the one I have. Mine's an X175 and is a year newer. What's the serial on yours?

The serian is 6004 so it's an 58?

Qvart

Reaction score
I don't know anything about them, but congratulations! Yes, lots of mojo, and if you're digging it more than your Les Paul then good one on ya mate!

By the way, I'm guessing (judging by the "werkjaarkalender," "400 kilometers," and a Miele dishwasher) that you're in the same country as our esteemed expert, Hans. He should be around soon and will tell you everything you want to know.

Reaction score
Qvart said:
I don't know anything about them, but congratulations! Yes, lots of mojo, and if you're digging it more than your Les Paul then good one on ya mate!

By the way, I'm guessing (judging by the "werkjaarkalender," "400 kilometers," and a Miele dishwasher) that you're in the same country as our esteemed expert, Hans. He should be around soon and will tell you everything you want to know.

I'm from Belgium. Isn't Hans form the netherlands? But i had to go to the netherlands (rotterdam) for the change. I just couldn't sleep that night because i was so exited... I had to take the train. From 8H until 17H on a train is the hell! But it was worth it!!

Qvart

Reaction score
eldainty said:
I'm from Belgium. Isn't Hans form the netherlands? But i had to go to the netherlands (rotterdam) for the change. I just couldn't sleep that night because i was so exited... I had to take the train. From 8H until 17H on a train is the hell! But it was worth it!!

Ah, I was close!

Yes, Hans is from the Netherlands.

The tortures we suffer for our Guilds... ;)

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
eldainty,

Regardless of the geography, welcome to the Guilded forum.
Your story is so typical of the things we all do to get that next Guild in our hands.
A great vintage guitar and a tour of your kitchen all at once! Who could ask for more!! :wink:

Cheers,
Joe

yettoblaster

Reaction score
Very nice working guitar in playable condition!

A LOT can be done with one pickup. Plus the unplugged-in sound can be nicer and louder.

Welcome and thanks for sharing. :D

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
eldainty said:
The serian is 6004 so it's an 58?

That would be correct, according to Guild's website. We need Hans to chime in on the other stuff.

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. :) Thanks for sharing your journey with us and THAT IS A SWEET LOOKING GUITAR :!: Plenty of groovin left on that bad boy. Luv the mojo, if only it could talk . By the looks of it ( compliment ) it would have some cool stories.
Now to the fun stuff. Are those IKEA cabinets? they look similar to the ones I just put in my kitchen. I think your camera clock is about a decade off or your in some weird time warp thing :wink: And finally didn't you get the official rules when telling your stories; you must not , can not use non American terminologies ie kilometers . It will only confuse us :wink:

MojoTooth

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar and a nice score for sure! I actually like the single pickup model too, as I am more an acoustic guy and the single pup still allows you to get a nice electric tone mixed with a warm acoustic sound. Sweet guitar, Love the color too.

Welcome to the forum as well!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
There are just some old guitars that look special. And you seem to have one!

Dave :D

Reaction score
Thank you all! I really like it that al the people here are so friendly!

Yes my camera clock is wrong.... I don't know how but it's wrong. I'm sorry about the km thing :)

I didn't found any sound samples of this guitar so is will post a video (or sound sample) when i can. So you can all enjoy here lovely singing.

I'm sorry about my english... I hope everybody understands it.

skinny

Reaction score
Welcome eldainty and nice CE100!
Theres some nice patina on that axe, I'll bet it has some stories to tell 8)
Nice version of Chank as well. Scofield would be proud !!

skinny

Reaction score
Awesome sounding Guild. Is that second song a 5ivestyle or Herioc Doses riff by the way?

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Default said:
The grin says it all!

Yes undeed, makes me grin.

She's the "Real Deal" & looks to have found a good home.,

Congratulations & welcome.