Exciting news: Standard Series and revival of an old friend

Ridgemont

Reaction score
Hey Bill,

Based on what we were told about the STD series design, I would expect nut width to be 1&11/16". We were told that they used specs that the factory is capable of making. That would mean the same nut width as other guitars. When the STD series was disclosed to us, I was really hoping for an F20, but the factory is not set up to cut that size body so they currently will not produce it. On that same note I was surprised to see the 1&3/4" nut advertised. It makes sense that it is a typo.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice, Chazmo.......what are the strings you are using.......and guys, having a 'standard' sounds waaaay better than telling us you have an STD........ :shock: :lol: Steffan

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
taabru45 said:
Nice, Chazmo.......what are the strings you are using.......and guys, having a 'standard' sounds waaaay better than telling us you have an STD........ :shock: :lol: Steffan
Haven't changed the stock strings yet, Steffan, but they're likely what I'd've put on Connie anyway ... D'Addario PB lights (I think). This guitar has such a yummy sound to it. I think 80/20s would probably sound too bright, but I may try those down the road.

Oh, and yeah, I think I'll stop using the STD designation. ;) Unfortunately, it's actually what's on the label; good thing I can't catch anything from paper :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Oh, and yeah, I think I'll stop using the STD designation. ;) Unfortunately, it's actually what's on the label; good thing I can't catch anything from paper :)
You can get GAS from paper. Just try readin' an old catalog sometime. Or Hans' book. :lol:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
adorshki said:
Chazmo said:
You can get GAS from paper. Just try readin' an old catalog sometime. Or Hans' book. :lol:
That's for sure. Hard to equate GAS with an STD, however.