My 1961 T100 D mahogany burst.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
all those guys with beards
eh?
Hair Doktor: the linked FauxtoeBouquette albumin has pixs of some chancy-looking characters ... although there are a few guyettes in there too.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
As much as I dig chicks with beards, I really dig the T100!

1961T100D2147923.jpg

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
I thought all T100s had a maple body. I bought this out of England, if that makes any difference.

Nice one Darryl! Can you give me some more info?

What's the serial number? What label type? What's the complete model designation that's written on the label?

Thanks a lot!

Hans

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The serious number on the neck and sticker is 14792--very early 1961. Maybe they were still drunk from New Years when they made it. The label is a normal Hoboken oval one like the one on my '62 x-500. But the model is written like like this, with spaces before and after the hyphens:

T - 100 - D - C

All of the writing on the label looks like it was done by the same person at the same time with the same pen. (Unlike Coastie's eyebrows.)

Any idea what D - C stands for? The D would be double pickup, and often C is for cutaway or custom.

But I just noticed some finish sprayed through the f-holes and onto the inside of the back. Also, the original label was apparently removed and replaced with this label because this label does not sit exactly where the original oval label was. You can see a patch of unsprayed wood where the original label was.

So I'm guessing the factory took a red mahogany and added the sunburst for a custom (C) order. In person the light color on the top has a slightly more orange tint than you see in the pics.