MOST (IN)FAMOUS FIRST ALBUM FLOP OF ALL TIME?

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
:shock: Contains the swinging hit.."people think Im no good" with the Squeeegy froome background singers!
Prety weird One there...........Never knew that it even existed! YIKES!!!!
"Man- son...Son of man " apparently he babbled THAT through many interviews. Well, he's a son of a 'something' at least! creepy! :shock:

spiderman

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, there is a strong possibility that Charlie has a son. In a magazine I get called This Week which essentially excerpts magazines from around the globe they have a feature on the last two pages, and one I read recently is about a possible son of Manson. The evidence is compelling, however the clinching genetic evidence is not there. The possible son is not eager to find out, and using a prisoner's DNA in a case such as this is difficult. The man who may be the son seems to be a nice guy, it should be noted he is a musician.
Note this is not a rag as the Enquirer but a good verifiably accurate publication. Unfortunately I don't remember the date of the issue, but it was in the last 6 weeks for the mildly curious.

Harmony H-173 bought in 1960 (retired), Alvarez AC60S 2008, Eastman AC320ce 2008 "Hybrid", Guild GAD-JF30E(blonde) 2008, Guild JF55 1997, Guild D25M 1974, Martin Grand J35E 2009

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I kind of assumed that most folks here would be aware of Manson's peripheral connections to the LA pop scene of the '60's, but for those who aren't, he actually knew Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys and attached himself to Wilson for a while. Dennis actually saw some potential there but blew him off after a short period and several bad experiences. This supposedly set Manson off on a revenge trip against him and Terry Melcher (who went on to produce Grand Funk Railroad). Melcher had been renting the house that Tate and Polanski moved into so supposedly it was the house and not the people that were targeted.
I stumbled across the chart for "People Think I'm No Good" a couple of years ago on the internet and I thought it was pretty eery back then, but I never knew (or forgot) that there was actually an album in the works at the time of the trial.
I imagine it must be pretty rough thinking (knowing?) you're the child of one of the world's most notorious criminals, especially with all the baggage the media will pile on you.
At the risk of sounding cynical again, maybe Manson would have done better if he'd hooked up with Phil Spector.

gilded

Reaction score
adorshki said:
I imagine it must be pretty rough thinking (knowing?) you're the child of one of the world's most notorious criminals, especially with all the baggage the media will pile on you.

Think about this. Maybe the media wouldn't have piled all the baggage on Son of Manson if he hadn't made it public in the first place?

Some people live their lives on a 'public stage', but I don't know if I would have let that one out of the bag.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
gilded said:
Think about this. Maybe the media wouldn't have piled all the baggage on Son of Manson if he hadn't made it public in the first place?
Some people live their lives on a 'public stage', but I don't know if I would have let that one out of the bag.
Admitted, I didn't read those articles completely. I agree 100%. I wouldn't have let that cat out of the bag either. I did see something about him being a deejay though, so I'm willing to bet he saw some kind of publicity pay-off. Maybe my sympathy was misplaced after all. Wouldn't be the first time. :oops:

gilded

Reaction score
Brother Al,

I don't necessarily think that your sympathy, or at least part of it, was misplaced. If he is a DJ, he is a performer and lives his life in public (or tries to). That's a different place than most of us are in, ain't it? Maybe he thinks he has to get it out, to be true or 'real' to his audience.

Also, he was adopted, and there is a powerful need to know where you come from. Maybe he would have told just as many people if his Dad was a Jockey, a shoe repairman, an oboist, etc. I dunno, never been there.

Don't feel bad, feel glad that he's not a monster like his biological father. Sounds like he got raised a lot better by his adopted family than Charley did by his Mother or all the Juvenile Prisons he grew up in. Sort of an argument for environment over genetics.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
gilded said:
Sort of an argument for environment over genetics.
I do believe there can be genetic predispositions but that environment is a stronger determining factor in the end. Thanks for the vote of confidence re: "sympathy".
I bet we'd get a long great over a couple of beers! :)

gilded

Reaction score
adorshki said:
gilded said:
I do believe there can be genetic predispositions but that environment is a stronger determining factor in the end. Thanks for the vote of confidence re: "sympathy".

You is entirely right, Buddy! Only thing though, you'd have to drink the beers, while I watch. :lol: I've been a Designated Driver for the last 37 years!

krcrisp

Reaction score
Little known fact (and I'm not making this up) Manson was taught to play guitar, in prison, by Alvin Karpis. Alvin -- Ma Barker Gang -- Karpis. Alvin -- public enemy no.4 -- Karpis.

This was pre-family, when he was known in prison as Little Charlie. Even back then little Charlie told Alvin he was going to be bigger than the Beatles.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
gilded said:
adorshki said:
gilded said:
You is entirely right, Buddy! Only thing though, you'd have to drink the beers, while I watch. :lol: I've been a Designated Driver for the last 37 years!
I was wondering about that when I posted but I was sure you'd still get the message!
KR: That's pretty wild about Alvin Karpis and Manson's predictions for his future fame...cue up Twilight Zone theme again....
I remember actually seeing a few seconds of footage of him playing in prison (the final time around) in some documantary and I was pretty surprised. He wasn't too bad. Catchy tune too! :shock: