Very nice, very early Starfire III at Lark street

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I wish I could visit this store sometime, they have a mouth watering inventory!

I think this one is priced a little high at $2450, but then again, it's "all there", and a very early SFIII, and it has the nice Waverly tuners, originals in the case :

starfire3.jpg

caveman

Reaction score
Great looking Starfire and a cool shop indeed. Did you see that sunburst ES350 with P90's they had ? It's got your name written all over it ! Maybe in case that next record will really hit it big time ! :wink:

es350.jpg

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very Nice. Serial number about 700 away from my 1960. Anybody ever play a maple SF next to a 'hog SF for comparison?

Cute little Gibby, too.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Walter,

At the risk of losing your friendship, I admit that I had a starfire three with two dynasonics, mahogany in honey amber, but sold it. I humbly beg your forgiveness, although I'll never forgive myself.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Oh no. Walter didn't forgive me. That's like Coastie not giving me a "Good on ya, mate."

Caveman, Lark Street has been around a long time. I think their prices are usually about typical for their location, which is in the highly populated area from Washington, DC, to Boston. It costs a lot to run a business there.

Zulu, I can really hear the difference between a maple starfire and a mahogany starfire. The mahogany is brighter with more highs and trebles. But a few knob adjustments minimizes the difference. The same applies to Duane Eddys. Other times I can't hear a difference, for example Brazilian rosewood vs Indian.

By the way, when I was fourteen I visited some trailers owned by Joe Conforti, but not in Carson City. They were in Wadsworth. That's right. No lie. Wadsworth.

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Zulu, I can really hear the difference between a maple starfire and a mahogany starfire. The mahogany is brighter with more highs and trebles. But a few knob adjustments minimizes the difference. The same applies to Duane Eddys. Other times I can't hear a difference, for example Brazilian rosewood vs Indian.

By the way, when I was fourteen I visited some trailers owned by Joe Conforti, but not in Carson City. They were in Wadsworth. That's right. No lie. Wadsworth.

Interesting on the starfire comparisons, thanks.

Fourteen, eh? Good on Ya!

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
6' 6 '' and 200 pounds, 38-28-58, Asian-African, red hair in pigtails, a yarmulke, one green eye and one blue eye, a monocle, buck teeth and braces, sleeveless parka, chaps, necklace of D cell batteries, bracelet of q-tips, anklet of pink paperclips, Viking coins glued to her fingernails, poker chips glued to her toenails, Nash Rambler hub caps for ear-rings, "I Like Ike" campaign buttons for pasties, and tattoos of all the US Presidents (guess who was located..., oh, never mind).

It could have been worse. My other choice was Miss New Zealand.