Early 80's CE100D, any info?

dogman

Reaction score
I just picked up an early 80's CE100D in blond with Dimarzios. I can't seem to find much info on these Dimarzio pickup 100's. Sorry that I don't have the serial # 0r pics here at work. ( wasting some of the mans time right now). I will post pics and serial # as soon as I get a chance. Did a search through the archives without luck. Just very curious, it sounds great. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Sorry it's taken so long to post these pics but here she is.
dogman
P1010115.jpg
P1010113.jpg
P1010111.jpg

yettoblaster

Reaction score
I had a CE-100 in the eighties (though the guitar was older).

Mine was sunburst, and originally came with DeArmond 200's, but the neck had been replaced by a full size Guild humbucker.

Good sturdy built archtop with a fat neck. Unfortunately mine was very worn on the rosewood and frets and kind of hard to play. Not Guild's fault. It apparently had a hard life.

I eventually traded it off for a newer X-150 single pickup job.

Your pics look mint!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Sweet Dogberry! Can't help with the p/u info but one very smart-looking guitar 8)

matsickma

Reaction score
Those pickups were very popular in the mid to late 1970's. The Neck is a PAF and the Bridge is a Super Distortion. I never saw a CE100 with those but I'm not suprised. I have them on a SF4, M80 and M75.

M

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
dogman said:
I just picked up an early 80's CE100D in blond with Dimarzios. I can't seem to find much info on these Dimarzio pickup 100's. Sorry that I don't have the serial # 0r pics here at work. ( wasting some of the mans time right now). I will post pics and serial # as soon as I get a chance. Did a search through the archives without luck. Just very curious, it sounds great. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hello dogman,

By the end of the '70s every Guild electric archtop (except for the Artist Award) became available with DiMarzio pickups as an option for an additional $ 60.00.

Here's a partial scan from the 1978 price list:

EAT_DiMarzio.jpg

Since the CE-100D already had the D-suffix in the model designation, the name of the CE-100D was soon changed to CE-100 to avoid confusion for the consumer and the workers in 'final assembly'.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Hans; this CE100D looks like a Starfire ... are there significant differences? Thank you.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
John, they always had the same silhouette, but the CE100 has a much deeper body, and block-inlayed neck.

dogman

Reaction score
Thanks to all for your input. I have been playing this Guild over the last week and I like it more every time I strum it. Very fun and easy to play.
D

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
CajunBlues said:
My god Hans... How do you know this stuff ?? amazing...
You haven't seen the book yet have you?

I also have one of the mysterious 80's CE-100's

100_6391.jpg

What weird about it is that it has a "CE100XXX" serial number!