What's Your Favorite Guild Model?

Pike

Reaction score
Nice looking family portrait, and not a bad looking 'man cave' either,
Thanks Joe. Heh heh, cave, that's a good word for it, and should I buy another guitar all too soon, it will also be my dog house. Guess I better start barking, one of my favorite companies is going to send me a new model to test drive. Woof...

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
GardMan said:
That depends on what day it is... either D-46 or D-50.
:lol: :lol:
Wish I had said that! How true it is.
And which one did I grab this morning? The D35! While the 50 and 25 just stared! :wink:

Joe

This has been my problem with this topic. My favorite seems to be whatever guitar has found it's way into my hands on a any given day. Seriously!

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
My favorite guitar is my F-212. even though I don't play it very much and it needs a little work to eliminate some buzzing on the octave 'g' and 'a' strings. That's mostly because I've had it fro 45 years and can't imagine my life without it.
That said, right now I play my D-50 more than any other guitar. I am waiting for a local indie dealer to get in a New Hartford D-55 to see if I like it as much as I've liked some of the Westerly D-55s I've run across, and maybe I'll work on a deal.
Brad

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Brad Little said:
My favorite guitar is my F-212.......... because I've had it fro 45 years and can't imagine my life without it.

Brad
Brad, What a GREAT thing to be said about ANY GUITAR!!!! Cant really beat THAT! :D
such is the depth of of our care and emotions for these guitars of ours.( if we are lucky) .and really, all in all, we are just their caretakers over time.

Sats

Reaction score
Guild Total
I think the above-mentioned post is a good way of looking at this question: "if you could only keep one (which would bum a whole bunch of us out) which would you keep?"

For me, I'd say my '75 D35 is the most fun. It's not the most pronounced sounding of my Guilds, but just a dream to play.

For the quintessential Guild dreadnought sound, I'd pick my 2001 D55: it's big, robust and deep...

I s'pose if I had to make a choice, that would be "the one".

(I'm still out to get a D25 though...)

John

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
JohnnyS said:
I think the above-mentioned post is a good way of looking at this question: "if you could only keep one (which would bum a whole bunch of us out) which would you keep?"
For me, I'd say my '75 D35 is the most fun. It's not the most pronounced sounding of my Guilds, but just a dream to play.
For the quintessential Guild dreadnought sound, I'd pick my 2001 D55: it's big, robust and deep...
I s'pose if I had to make a choice, that would be "the one".
(I'm still out to get a D25 though...)
John
Hi John: That's too funny 'cause we DID have a "If you could only keep just one.." thread within the past couple months. I tried to search to post a link for you but it told me to try later.. sorry.

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
Well, I have had several Guilds in the past and let many go. I've kept my '73 F50R, a 512 and a 65-12, one of which will go. I also have a D 60 which will one day go and a GF 60 which will also go. And an old D 40 that I love but is expendable. The F50R is the best by far.

Others which have already gone by the wayside are a couple of D 25s, a couple of 69-70 D 35s, some D40's, some DV 52's, an F 40, an F 50, an F50R, a D 55, a D 60, a D 212, a Starfire and a Nightbird.

Out of all the Guilds that I have ever owned, the '73 F50R is the keeper. But if I were just entering the market for a single all around Guild, I think I would choose a used Westerly D 55. They seemed to have been the model of consistency.

I would love to find an early '70's or before F 612, but that is a long shot at the very best.

My .02 tonight.

CK

sitka_spruce

Reaction score
Skommarbo, Arkhyttan, St Skedvi, Säter, Dalarna, S
Tough... It's like every Guild has a soul to it, though as with people, you tend to get along with some more than others... Haven't played that many Guilds though, but the archback D25 and the 12-string version of it would possibly be the best guitar for the money anyone could invest in. Highly underrated guitars. You could put twice that amount on a new guitar of this or that brand but the D25 would run circles around it.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
sitka_spruce said:
You could put twice that amount on a new guitar of this or that brand but the D25 would run circles around it.
With that little bit of inspiration, I think I'll pull my D25 off the rack and take it around the block a couple of times. :wink:

Thanks,
Joe

William63

Reaction score
My favorite models are the F512 and the F50R. If they made the F50R with a 1 3/4" nut width I would be owning one today.

Aerie

Reaction score
My favorite Guild acoustic of all time is the ultra rare F-612. It's super rare, the stuff of legend, mysterious, and a real beauty to boot. Very few have ever seen one much less played one. Look to very early John Denver shots to catch a glimpse - but don't ever stare at one, that's rude. lol.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
my nightingale (middle):
k-guild-leccitriplet-a-100615.jpg

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Terry Allan Hall said:
Acoustic 6-string - F-48
Ac513.jpg

I like F48s a lot too, but they're really hard to find. Is that one yours?

Terry Allan Hall said:
Bass - B-50
g_guild1front.jpg

Here's another one on the bucket list, just about as rare as a F48.

yettoblaster

Reaction score
I'm going to run with the ambiguously stated question:

My favorite Guild MODEL may have been an old A-50 acoustic non-cutaway laminated archtop I once had.

But presently MY favorite Guild model is my X-150 Savoy, which seems to be a particularly stellar guitar (aren't they all?). Slightly in favor of my newly acquired (and nice) D40.

Anyway I would hate to spend all that bread for an Artist Award only to find out there's just something about my X-150 that can't be beat! In fact, I'm going to let myself off the financial hook and never play an Artist Award (that's for sale). :wink:

jimistone

Reaction score
I only have one Guild my DV52...I haven't really played many Guilds in the past. I've played alot of Gibsons, Martins, Taylors, and various cheapos though.
The DV52 sounds incredible IMO. Everytime I go to a music store that sells high end acoustics I play 3 or 4. I can't find one that stacks up against my DV52.
It mops the floor with Gibson J-45's and better than holds it's own with Martins and Taylors.

Of course it's all subjective but that's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

So, I guess the only one I have would be the one I would keep.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
twocorgis said:
... I like F48s a lot too, but they're really hard to find. Is that one yours?
Hi Sandy; don't see many F48s on eBay but they do come and go on GBase. Pic of my F48 ... now owned by another BBer:

frontb.jpg