What's Your Favorite Guild Model?

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
I have bought and sold several Guilds over the years.
My current Tacoma built D-55 is also my currant favorite Guild.
Go figure.

If I could afford to get a new F512, that would be up there to.

jazzmang

Reaction score
BluesDan said:
jazzmang said:
Something about Westerly D-55s really seems alluring.

Considering the line up of Guilds in your sig, that actually surprised me.

Well I mean some guitars are definitely unique, but the one that spoke to me was a Westerly D-55 I had obtained last year.
Unfortunately, to maintain the proper playing condition I like, it would've needed a neck reset, refret (replane), and bracing repair. I had to let it go, unfortunately.

One of my DV-72s is definitely a great sounding guitar (I posted a song I used it on here on LTG), but its in the same boat... needs a neck reset and a refret (replane), and new Grover Super Rotomatic tuners. This one, however, I'm going to hold on to. Its spruce top has taken on a shade of golden brown that is unreal... plus it sounds ridiculously good when paired with a higher saddle that allows good break angle.

My JF-100 is kind of a let down as it is. It definitely needs a neck reset, replane, and it HAS to have a loose brace or something because it simply sounds like a dead box as it is. Once again, with a higher saddle, it sounded better, but I maintain that a brace has to be loose somewhere.

The D-100 and other DV-72 are still at Guild in Nashville, but the final ETA is some time this month, so I'm really looking forward to that.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
My DV-52. :D

And the sweet NOS Starfire II I shoulda bought a couple years ago when it was still hanging in the music store :cry:

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Well, I've only two left, the others all had to go to new homes...danged economy...and neither quite fits either the electric or the acoustic category completely,

The mid 80's FS4612CE would be closest to electric...

The early 90's Songbird would be closest to acoustic...

And I'm equally fond of both of them... :D :D :wink:

Jeff_L

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
My F50R when I'm in an acoustic mood.

And my X-170 when I'm in an electric mood.

But if I get the D-55 I'm jonesing for, then maybe that will be the one.

Why does it have to be a "favorite"? If we used "favoriteS", then every one we have would fill the bill, no?

Jeff

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
`...well........which kid is you're favorite, which star do you like best, what's you're favorite memory...recipe...sunrise...I used to know, but they have so many complexities in and of themselves...I played some of J. Kidders guitars today, and he played 2 of mine...and would either of us have traded maybe, some not others, seems like if we find one that knocks our socks off, we do what we can to be able to say MINE :lol: :lol: Steffan

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Westerly era DV6. An absolutely fantastic & highly underrated guitar.

I love my F112 equally.

stclrob

Reaction score
Electric - S300A burst. Very balanced and dream tone on the Peavey amp.
Acoustic - DV72. ~_~

zplay

Reaction score
Right now, I'd say it's a tie between the two Guilds I have - a CV-2C and a Tacoma-built DV-4. Haven't had any Westerlies or Coronas to compare them to.

Pike

Reaction score
The D66 is my favorite spruce/rosewood, the '99 D40 is my favorite spruce/mahogany.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm loving my new-to-me F-50R right now, but still love the other two. When I finally get the neck reset done on the D-50, it'll probably go back to the head of the class.

JimbowF212

Reaction score
6 - String F-50R (Prefer Westerly made) Also JF-55
Electric Starfire 4
12- String F-212, F-512 and F-612.
These are mine!!!!!

Reaction score
I don't have much a choice in dreads...between the D25 and the DV4 I suppose I lean towards the D25 more and more because of it's big big sound, and because the neck feels a lot more comfortable to me. The DV4 suffers in comparison. As for electrics, well I lucked out and picked up the T100D for a steal, but it's definitely a project--I've already had it refretted and set up, but I'm ready to replace the 45 year old tuners 'cause the guitar simply will not stay in tune and the intonation up and down the neck is...erratic. However, it sure has some mojo and I love it to death! I'll keep investing and she'll be super fine someday.

Pike

Reaction score
The D66 is my favorite spruce/rosewood, the '99 D40 is my favorite spruce/mahogany.
And that's out of these I might add...

DSC_0089.jpg